Photo Contests/Cage Contests/Gift Exchanges ????

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
NuttyNelly
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Photo Contests/Cage Contests/Gift Exchanges ????

Postby NuttyNelly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 am

Hello Everyone!

I have been a memeber for just a few shorts weeks and have logged some hours reading posts and catching up from years past. From what I noticed is that there is not much active participation on this board anymore. Now this could be because it is summer with vacations and everything but how do I know cause I am a newbie??

So I would like to suggest that maybe there are other members who would like to become more active in this community. So I am wondering if you (Owners/Moderators/Administrators) would consider conducting a poll that would question members if they have interest in starting up the monthly photo contest or having cage contests or possibly a few gift exchanges.

I realize there is a lot involved in having these type of activities and I would volunteer to offer my help in whatever way that would be needed as well as to donate prizes for contests. I also realize that sometimes these events are more work then fun and often times there are challenges with having them but again I would offer my help.

I just love reading peoples threads and even more reading responses to my threads so I just thought this might be away of encouraging more active participation.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sarah
HOF to a sweet baby boy!
Small hobby breeder of sugar gliders.
http://www.sarahssuggieshoppe.com

Delight
Juvie Pup

Re: Photo Contests/Cage Contests/Gift Exchanges ????

Postby Delight » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:32 am

I think this is a wonderful idea and I would also be willing to offer my help in any way that I could! I would love to see more activity on the board, I personally come on here every day and have been around this board for years, I have seen it when it used to be very active and it was a beautiful thing! I used to have the screen name Kiki but lost my logg in info so I had to build a new account. I definately would love to see some more going on over here though!
Owned by 5 flyers, 1 geoffroys cat, 1 african serval, 1 bengal, 1 parrot & 1 dog. www.totallytameexotics.yolasite.com

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 pm

There are a number of areas that people can get involved with. Interest in filling these positions comes and goes; so does keeping up with them.
Some positions and benefits are only open to paid NFSA members, others open to all Board members. If anyone in interested in specific areas of involvement, let me know.

NFSA Committees
1. Board Moderators:
2. NFSA Planning Committee:
3. Newsletter
4. Research Committees:
A. Necropsies
B. Grants & Reviewer/Selectors
C. Research Clearing House (to establish a data base on flyer research)
5. Annual Conference Committee Consultant:
6. CafePress:
A store manager
B creative design
7. Website & Memorial Page:
8. Flyer Registry:
9. Photo Contest:
10. Decals:
11. Administration & techincal support
12. Annual Awards Committee:
13. Sympathy Cards:
14. Birth/Adoption Certificates:
15. Match HOF to Furballs:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Delight
Juvie Pup

Postby Delight » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:52 pm

What does the "creative design" position entail? That sounds like something I might be interested in! But I think it would be great for someone to get the photo contest back up and going too! Hopefully sometime in the near future I will have the extra money to send to be a registered NFSA member but with all the many many mouths to feed $20 will feed my african serval for two days! We are just so tight on cash there's no extra for these types of things at the moment.
Owned by 5 flyers, 1 geoffroys cat, 1 african serval, 1 bengal, 1 parrot & 1 dog. www.totallytameexotics.yolasite.com

Laurak
Flying Furball

Postby Laurak » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Photo contest would be great :D if nothing else I'd love to see new pics of everyone's babies every month. Outside of here, it's hard to find new FS photos or videos online.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Delight wrote:What does the "creative design" position entail?

Creative design is coming up with items for the NFSA Cafepress store: http://www.cafepress.com/nfsaflyers
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

NuttyNelly
NFSA Member

Postby NuttyNelly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi Joan,

I would be interested in any one of these committees. Where do you need the help the most?

I could help with board moderation, website design, cafe, flyer registry, planning committee, photo contest, adoption certificates....lol just about anything. I would be willing to help out in multiple areas if needed. Please let me know.

Sarah
HOF to a sweet baby boy!

Delight
Juvie Pup

Postby Delight » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:06 pm

Okay I would LOVE to help come up with new designs for the cafepress store!!

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 pm

I'll e-mail you both and we can talk more about where you's like to get involved. NFSA membership is not required to help out with many items.

NuttyNelly
NFSA Member

Postby NuttyNelly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Great...I will watch for the email!
HOF to a sweet baby boy!

Return to “General”