Rowdy was less active last night

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
pattis
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Rowdy was less active last night

Postby pattis » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Just wondering if I should be worried about him. At night in his habitat when he thinks we can't see him, Rowdy is usually, as Joan puts it, "a jack Russell on caffeine!". Not so last night. He did eat his apple, his mealworms, and some clementine and his pecan with calcium. He usually runs laps around the top and pounces around. He makes a lot of noise because of the fencing. Last night I kept waking up because I couldn't hear him. I sent up a quick prayer and only then did I hear him pounce from his swing. That's the only sound I heard! All night! Yes, my flyer is in my room! What!...my husband spoils me! I'm only worried because people post that their flyer was fine one day and died the next. I just want to make sure that i'm doing everything right for him. Do they hibernate to some extent? Or was he just being "stealth squirrel"? I put some hamster vitamins in his water today. I don't use them everyday, and they weren't in there the last few nights, so maybe that was it. He just doesn't eat much of the packaged food and seeds that I can tell. At least not enough that i am comfortable he is getting all supplements he needs. What does it sound like to you?
Rowdy's friend

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Rowdy was less active last night

Postby Joan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Some nights they just sleep in. :wink:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

pattis
Juvie Pup

Postby pattis » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:32 pm

I guess he was just sleeping in. Thanks Joan. He made up for it last night. I put a new branch from our pear tree in there, and moved a pouch to a different spot, just to change things up a bit. I think he's fine. I kept checking on him yesterday and he was like, "what?.. I'm sleeping!"
Rowdy's friend

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:48 pm

pattis wrote:... I kept checking on him yesterday and he was like, "what?.. I'm sleeping!"

:twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “General”