anyone know of any breeders in the MA/NH area?

pappy1264
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

anyone know of any breeders in the MA/NH area?

Postby pappy1264 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 pm

I am thinking of getting a second flyer (my girl was abandoned, and we had no history on her, but she was far from tame when we got her, although she has come a long way, she is still not hand tame). Can anyone direct me to a good breeder? Thank you.
Mary

Tigerstriped

Re: anyone know of any breeders in the MA/NH area?

Postby Tigerstriped » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm looking for a breeder in the MA area as well.
I was originally looking for sugar gliders, but once I found out they were illegal, I started researching Southern Flying Squirrels.
I am extremely interested in raising one or two of these fellows, but I don't think I'd have enough money to have one shipped (it seems the only place i've been able to find them where I could get one, is from a breeder in texas, where shipping would be over $100, and the sfss themselves over $100 each.) and still have enough leftover to buy the appropriate care materials.

Templesmilie
Baby Flyer
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Templesmilie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Have you considered going half and half with someone local on the shipping fee? I was interested in adding a flyer to my household but I wasn't sure. The closes airport to me is Logan Airport in Boston. I know that Helen's Little Critters does this since I got my first flyer from her.
Owned by my personal zoo:
Benji and Mylo (the Doggies)
Aniel (the Squirrelie)

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Ohatsie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Im in New York and having similar problems.
Cant find local breeders at all!
Im currently looking into Keystone Exotics, in PA. Im probably going to stay with some friends in Philly if i decide to buy from them, so I realize that if its a long enough drive for me to consider staying overnight itll be even worse for you guys! But its certainly doable.
Just something to consider!
(This is not an endorsement of Keystone Exotics as I havent done enough research into them to feel confident in buying yet)
Colin

Nextech
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Nextech » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:31 am

Same situation with me as well. I don't particularly like the idea of having to ship a flyer, but options really are limited in this part of the country. Perhaps once I have a couple years of experience under my belt, I will begin to breed as a hobby, since there seems to be a lot of interest around here with no source of properly raised pups.

Return to “Selecting A Breeder”