squirrels guy?

Azrail
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

squirrels guy?

Postby Azrail » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 pm

I have a few email replies from an add I seen in some online classified. The person is squirrelsguywelsh@yahoo.com and he says he has some pups ready to go and accepts paypal. He or she said $50 shipping which doesn't add up to me but has anyone else purchased a pup from him/her?

Ardilla
NFSA Member

Re: squirrels guy?

Postby Ardilla » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm

He "borrowed" (stole) pics of various members of thesquirrelboard.com, which caused quite a ruckus, as you can imagine. People don't think highly of him over there.

My big question is, if he's doing this legit as opposed to running a puppy mill type operation or robbing wild nests, why doesn't he have his own pics?

I would be extremely wary.
Image Image Image

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Ardilla wrote:... My big question is, if he's doing this legit as opposed to running a puppy mill type operation or robbing wild nests, why doesn't he have his own pics?

Good question. Could be he's not a good photographer, but lifting photos from The Squirrel Board and passing them off as his, automatically eliminates him in my book. :roll:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Azrail
Juvie Pup

Postby Azrail » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:24 am

Wow thanks for the inside scoop ladies. I don't normal keep an eye on squirrelboard forums but I should have dug deeper eh?
This guy sounds like a total paypal scammer. :bad-words: If anyone sees his classified listing, I think you would best to ignore them. This sounds like soeone that is just trying to cash in on the growing demand for SFSs. [-X

Here is a copy and paste from y email box. (A reply from the "breeder")

> > I breed southern flying squirrels,mine is born and
> almost ready to go,They
> > are 150 dollars and 50 dollars to ship,I take
> paypal,this is my ID
> > squirrelsguywelsh@yahoo.com,hurry

lynn
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby lynn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:03 pm

With the grammar errors and the urge to 'hurry' this sounds like a suspicious seller right off the bat. Not that you can always tell, but it pays to be cautious!
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Keg
Juvie Pup

Postby Keg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Yeah, I just tried to get a squirrel from this guy... He told me he'd ship my squirrel last Monday, which he never did. Then he said he'd ship it on Wednesday, but then told me later that night that he was "going threw my shipping papers and my next shippment is monday,I would rather ship all at once." Note the terrible grammar. I'm becoming more and more convinced everyday that he stalls that he's just scamming me for my money.

I paid through Paypal, is there any way for me to try to get my money back in case he's just trying to steal my money?

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Keg wrote:...I paid through Paypal, is there any way for me to try to get my money back in case he's just trying to steal my money?

Contact Pay Pal and see if they can retract payment.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Keg
Juvie Pup

Postby Keg » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:57 pm

So turns out the guy is legitimate. I got MJ two days ago and am still in the process of trying to get him settled in. He even sent me a nestbox! I was a little concerned at first about whether or not I was getting scammed. Squirrels guy's grammar may not be perfect, but he's not a liar.

Keg
Juvie Pup

Postby Keg » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:12 am

Okay, for anyone who is interested in doing business with this guy and is still not quite sure, I have something of a breeder review for you.

Communication:
I'm not even really sure what this guy's name is. We'll call him squirrelsguy. He is friendly enough, but hard to understand at times through his e-mails. And since there is no phone number listed on his website, e-mail is the only way to contact him about receiving a squirrel. Also, I don't know if he was just trying to trick me or was merely confused but squirrelsguy told me that my squirrel was a boy and that he was 5 weeks old before he sent her to me. She is 9 weeks old, turns out, from later e-mails with the guy. But this is not the only case where there was a lot of confusion based on what the breeder had told me. Atleast he makes follow-up e-mails with his customers.

Shipment:
Squirrelsguy shipped MJ to me in a wooden nestbox inside an old Hotpockets box through overnight USPS shipping. I felt so bad for her! I had no idea he would ship her in such a fashion. She seemed to be alright when she got here though. The guy had packed plenty of cotton and food in the nestbox so she could eat/sleep or whatever.

The Squirrel:
MJ was definitely very afraid of me when she first arrived. She does not like being handled and usually does not come near me. That and she'll nip if I try to scoop her up. When I bring her into the bathroom with me, she will sit in the corner and either groom herself or stare at me. It's clear that she was not handled very much as a young pup and therefore is nervous being around me. Considering that I've only had her for 6 days I feel like I've made great strides in gaining her trust. She will let me feed her now and even grabs at my finger to lick the milk off! Bathroom bonding still needs work, however. I'm trying to be patient with her, but I was under the impression that MJ was 5-6 weeks old when I first received her and now that I've discovered that she is already 9 weeks old I now understand why she acts the way she does towards me.

Conclusion:
I would be wary of squirrelsguy. He isn't a scammer, but he's not exactly a joy to work with either. Communication with him requires you to decrypt his e-mails as his grammar is less than perfect. He doesn't really seem to handle his pups as MJ clearly isn't used to human contact. And he either lies or is so confusing he's confused himself into thinking that my MJ was a boy and was 5 weeks old haha. :P

I give him a 2.3/5.0

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 am

I don't know about the rest of you, but the more I read of this guy the more I'm inclined to thin that he's harvesting these youngsters from the wild. :bad-words: Does anyone else feel the same way? That could account a lot for her behavior. I can't imagine shipping a baby like that. She's in your tender care now. I am sure you will do everything you can to make her feel safe and secure and loved. Please ask for as much help as you need and I'm sure the members of the board will be most happy to help out. :D
Martie.....
Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.
Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

Tigershark08
NFSA Member

Postby Tigershark08 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 am

I would stay very far away from this guy, he shipped her in a Hot Pockets box?!?! :bad-words: How did she breathe? And those boxes aren't sturdy. Im pretty sure this guy is harvesting, and he doesn't know how to treat an animal, I'm surprised she made it through the shipping. I think he should be stuffed into a hot pockets box and shipped and see how he likes it.
Heather Elise

Owned by Mako
Also slave to Kailea and Jackson

lynn
Flying Furball

Postby lynn » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:32 am

Yeah!! :bad-words:
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Keg
Juvie Pup

Postby Keg » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:36 am

Thank you so much Chippy! For the short time that I've been here, both you and Joan have been so helpful to me. So thank you in advance, to the entire NFSA messageboard for being patient with me in my journey to becoming a true HoF. :P

Azrail
Juvie Pup

Postby Azrail » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am

A hot pockets box? Was there a hot pocket inside... or just a poor baby squirrel? Well I'm glad I made this post. Thanks for the review. I'm glad that poor girl went to a member of this board. *sigh of relief* :puppydogeyes:

Return to “Selecting A Breeder”