Breeders in NY, PA, MD, NJ, WV, VA, CT?

lamboforme25
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Breeders in NY, PA, MD, NJ, WV, VA, CT?

Postby lamboforme25 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Good evening everyone. I recently posted a comment about breeders in my area and got a great post from it. Unfortunately, the breeder in charge of keystoneexotics.com is already pretty booked for the next expected litter in the spring of 2012. Bummer :( . Does anyone else know of any local reputable breeders in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, or Pennsylvania? If not, how about Virginia, Connecticut, or even West Virginia? There has to be someone else that breeds Southern Flying Squirrels in the Northeast...

Laurak
Flying Furball

Re: Breeders in NY, PA, MD, NJ, WV, VA, CT?

Postby Laurak » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm sorry but Mike from Keystone Exotics is the only breeder I know of. In fact, I am under the impression that he is the only certified breeder in PA. I had a friend in PA who also had a flyer, but he had to have his shipped in from out of state.

We had to wait for 10 months to get our baby squirrel, so you may just want to see if you can get on the list for next fall. You'll need time to get ready anyhow, and it's well worth the wait!

If it helps, I just googled "flying squirrel breeder, PA" and that is how I found Keystone. Have you tried googling the different states to see if there are breeders?

Good luck!

lamboforme25
Baby Flyer

Re: Breeders in NY, PA, MD, NJ, WV, VA, CT?

Postby lamboforme25 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Yea no luck, I called a whole bunch of breeders and Helen Little Critters has baby Southern Flying Squirrels that just became available. I know there have been good and bad occurrences with her facilities, but after speaking with a staff member at Helen's Little Critters the lady was very professional and gave me direct answers like I wanted. I didn't catch her name, but I think my fiance and I are going to go for it and roll the dice. (Fingers crossed) [-o<

Thanks for the response cause I am sure everyone in these states were definitely wondering if there is anyone else out here.

Return to “Selecting A Breeder”