personalities

lneill84
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

personalities

Postby lneill84 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:40 pm

Im new here and interested in getting a squirrel. What can everyone tell me about their personalities? Are males better than females?

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:33 pm

Let me first say that I don't yet have a flyer myself, however based on research and just the general feeling that I get from everyone here, it seems like they have great personalities as long as they are well bonded to their owners. As Darra said, they are like people and their personalities can vary based on their raising and also just the fact that each flyer is different. Some will be better pets than others. As gender goes, there don't seem to be many distinct diferences. Many people are happy with each sex.

martha
Teen HOF

Postby martha » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:06 pm

cool im new 2

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:17 pm

I compare mine to a 2 yr old child. Sweet and loving one minute, temper the next. Good days and cranky days. They get their feelings hurt as easily as a child. I even believe they have the intelligence of a 2 yr old child.

They love to play, and will make up their own games. As soon as you think you have them figured out, they will throw a new trick at you.

They require undivided attention, and constant supervision when out of the cage. One day they will love a food, the next day will throw it at you.

Some love kisses and cuddling, others want you to adore them from a distance.

They are the most interesting, devoted, cutest pets anyone could want to own. Their cuteness and cleverness causes you to forgive any misbehavior in an instant.

The only difference between flyers and 2 yr old children is....
you can lock them in a cage without getting arrested!!!!

peep
State and Federal permit holder

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:34 pm

EXCELLENT description Peep.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Meet the SFS”