Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Posting Pictures

Postby Leah » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:56 am

There are three rules for displaying images on this bulletin board:

All images must be in .gif or .jpg format

Images must have an URL address

URL address is surrounded by img open & close tags

First, save your image on your computer as a .jpg or .gif file. (Rule 1)

Next upload it to a host site. (I use Village Photo; everyone has their favorite.) Now your image has a url address at the host site. (Rule 2)

By inserting the URL address between the img tags, you create a link from the host site to the NFSA forum. (Rule 3)

And for those of you needing a bit more detail:
Ann uses www.villagephotos.com, which I have used, too. I currently use www.photobucket.com - they are both great sites and allow you to "hot-link" your photos for posting on a message board, and both are free for basic accounts. Since I post so many pics, I pay for an upgraded account with more bandwidth.

Go to either of the above sites and register for a free account. Then just follow the prompts to upload your pictures to your account - it's really simple, I promise. Then to post a picture on a message board, you will copy the appropriate string of code and paste it right into your message block. On Village Photos, you'll click on "Image URL and Tools" that appears underneath each uploaded picture. On that next screen, the third choice, called EZBoard EZCode, is the one you want to copy-and-paste for this forum (if you're posting to one of the Voy forums, you'll want the second choice). With Photobucket, the codes appear directly underneath each picture and, again, use the third choice for posting here, and the second choice for posting on Voy.

Don't let the above frighten you - I promise you can do it and it is pretty intuitive on either of those storage sites. Once you get there and get started, it will be simple.

One hint - depending upon the resolution of the original image you want to post, you will probably want to resize it with any photo editing software that's on your PC, so that the image is not so large people have to use their scroll bar to see it all - I generally resize down to a width of 600 or 700 pixels so that the entire picture appears on the computer screen when it's posted.

If any of you have any trouble, email me and I will walk you through it step by step.

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Will try to post from instructions after storm

Postby gwsgrand » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm

Thank you Leah I have now copied the info and after this storm I will see if I can post a picture. Thank you Bev. for posting the pictures. Every one is bedded down and will not be coming out tonight. Maybe play time tomorrow night. Hope we have elect.

Leah
Flying Furball

Postby Leah » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:50 pm

Gail, I loaded your avatar of Mr. W and Ms. BBB - it's kinda small, though. If you want to send me another picture of them (more of a close up), we'll try that one, too, and then you can pick the one you want.

Let me know if I can help with the picture posting attempts!!

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Thank you Leah

Postby gwsgrand » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:55 pm

Leah your such a wonderful person. Thanks for getting me out of that mess with the posting of pictures. Also thanks for the picture of my two little loves. Right now that is the only picture I have of the two of them that close together. LOL They are not on speaking terms right now. So Mr. Whiskers is in the cage hiding from big bad Mama BBB. Right now she is Queen .

jakekk05
Baby Flyer

Postby jakekk05 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:42 pm

What is the image tag that you put around pictures?

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:49 pm

When you click on POST. you'll see it.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

DinNorman
NFSA Member

Postby DinNorman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:32 pm

I have noticed that pictures are occasionally inserted within the message board posting. How is this done?

babsfish
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Posting Pictures

Postby babsfish » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

This was very useful info. Thanks so much!
Mommy to the cutest baby boy, my lil Frank :)

Return to “Pictures of our Furballs”