Amy

Postby Amy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:30 pm

Does anyone know how to make an avator photo? I have all the software to resize a photo, but for some reason, even when I take pictures of Martie at 1 megapixel and try to downsize them for my avatar they end up too tiny to even be used. But you guys all seem to have figured out to have make a decent picture at 6kb....what gives??

abby
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby abby » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:56 pm

I had probs w/ it too, and I had a pic that was < 1 mp and it still wouldnt let me, Moonsong did mine, mabye she would do yours...I'd also try making it like 500mp maybe..who knows.
2 Flyers: Junie and Storm
6 Sugar Gliders: Sydney, Oscar, Miracle, Echo,
Otto, and Lily.

Moonsong
Flying Furball

Postby Moonsong » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:46 pm

Take the picture as you normally would. Then depending on your software it's rather easy to do.

If it's photoshop, open the pic in Photoshop and select what part of the pic you want (the more background you get originally the cleaner the pic comes out or at least for me that's the case). I usually try to trim it down into a square (once you click the square on the left, then from the drop down box around the middle of your screen up top, choose "Fixed Aspect Ratio" from "Style".

Once you have a square, click on "Image" and go down to "Image Size". In there make sure "Constrain Proportions" is checked. Then put the size to where you need it. (I believe it's 80x80 pixels.).

If this doesn't help or if you don't use Adobe Photoshop send the pic to me and I'll fix it up for you real quick. :)
~*~Reesa~*~
Happy Squammy to Tajar and Baxter

Amy

Postby Amy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:45 am

Yes, as you can see, Moonsong made me an avatar! 4, actually! So I'll be periodicall changing them because they were all reallly cute!

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

I tried

Postby gloryaf88 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:06 am

I tried my first Avatar today and am posting so I can see how it looks. If it turned out okay I will be willing to help others do theirs. Mine was a picture I had taken with my cell phone.

Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Wed May 31, 2006 11:15 am

Glorya, how did you get so smart with 'puters? Now I know who I can get to make a house call and teach me how to get an avatar-whatchamadoodle and how to post pictures here :multi:

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Wed May 31, 2006 3:08 pm

Deb wrote:Glorya, how did you get so smart with 'puters? Now I know who I can get to make a house call and teach me how to get an avatar-whatchamadoodle and how to post pictures here :multi:

Do you need help with that because I could help if you need it.
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Computers

Postby gloryaf88 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:25 pm

Deb wrote:Glorya, how did you get so smart with 'puters? Now I know who I can get to make a house call and teach me how to get an avatar-whatchamadoodle and how to post pictures here :multi:

Deb, I taught myself everything I know about computers by just experimenting with them and if I can't figure it out, I call my son. Believe it or not, it only took me two tries to get my picture the right size for the avatar. Just let me know what you need help with cause lord knows I do not have a lot to do during the daytime now and I am not that far away.

Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete

Return to “Pictures of our Furballs”