Looking for a Southern Flying Squirrel

danec020
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Looking for a Southern Flying Squirrel

Postby danec020 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:06 pm

As my first post I would like to introduce myself and say hi to the community! My name is Dane and I live in Baton Rouge, LA. When I was a teenager I owned a flying squirrel that was found wounded by a friend. It was more wild than tamed but I loved the squirrel to death and never thought about there being a community of like minded people.

Lately, I have been thinking of looking for another squirrel after I went to a reptile convention several months ago and seen someone selling flying squirrels. They weren't southern type, but were a slightly larger breed. Since then I have been looking at possibly buying or adopting a baby Southern Flying Squirrel. I have been trying to research more about them since mine had wild tendencies and I would like this one to be more tamed. My last one would fly to me and bite my lip or ear drawing blood :/.

I have been reading that the first few months of a pups life is the most important, so I am trying to find a young one if possible. I live in Baton Rouge, LA but I would be willing to drive some distance for the right pups. Feel free to email me at danec020@gmail.com if you know of anyone close or have any for adoption or sale. I would like to get one from a breeder the community recommends and supports, I don't want to get it from someone who breeds just for money and doesn't treat the animals right.

Thanks everyone!
Dane

Return to “Hoping to Buy/Adopt”