It's time for a new baby...

Cheryl
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

It's time for a new baby...

Postby Cheryl » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:19 am

I lost my baby, Beau, in 2009. It's taken me a very long time to be ready to allow someone new to inhabit his cage and my heart.

Beau came from Joan. We picked him up while visiting my daughter in Jacksonville. She has since moved to Birmingham so we've had no excuse to make the Jacksonville trip. This Christmas my youngest son's new girlfriend brought her sister to meet us. Low and behold, she's an animal lover who lives in Jacksonville and makes the trip to Virginia without blinking an eye.

She's been planning to get Sugarglides, but when we told her about how wonderful SFSs are and showed her some Youtube videos she became smitten. She now has her heart set on becoming proudly owned by one and will drive one, or more, up to me when we can find them.

Please, if anyone between Jacksonville and Southeastern Virginia will have babies available in the Spring, we are very interested. Beau's cage has been collecting dust in the shed far too long (except when the boys have parties and use it for girls to dance in...oh, the shame ;) ). We'd both like boys, I think. I'd be happy with more than one, possibly male & female to raise some babies of our own. We're all looking so forward to having that delight back in our lives.

Thank you and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Beauregard's slave

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Re: It's time for a new baby...

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh, what a sweet story! Good luck in your quest, hope you find some soon!
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Cheryl
NFSA Member

Postby Cheryl » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank you! I know this is the place to go for anything SFS associated. Now I'm just waiting and holding my breath for adoption news. :D
Cheryl
Beauregard's slave

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Cheryl
NFSA Member

Postby Cheryl » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Thank you! I'll look into it right away!!!
Cheryl
Beauregard's slave

Cheryl
NFSA Member

Postby Cheryl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Shannon, I checked into the one you told me about. It's several months old now & I, like everyone else, would really like to get a baby as young as possible. I'm sure a lot of people will be having litters in the Spring & I'm praying we can be put at the top of someone's waiting list.

The poor, little girl who'll be bringing them to Virginia got a text from her boyfriend in Florida telling her he was breaking up with her because she'd been gone several weeks and he realized he didn't miss her. Of course, she's much better off without a jerk like that, but her heart is broken, none the less. The prospect of becoming a new SFS mommy is helping her keep her chin up.

For me, getting a new baby is sort of like rewarding myself for being alive. A year and a half ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that had metastasized to my liver, which was so full of tumors it was inoperable and we were told I was terminal. After several months of chemo, which didn't even cause me to lose my hair, I had an operation to restructure my colon where the original tumor was. I admit it was a particularly nasty surgery with complications which ended up causing me to have to have a second major surgery, but I survived! Now it looks as though all the cancer is gone and they're talking complete cure. I love miracles. Now that I know I won't be leaving anytime soon I'm really ready to dedicate myself to a new baby. (I do have a new grandbaby on the way, but it's just not the same. ;) )

We'll continue to wait, probably not so patiently, until we hear of someone expecting!

Thanks for your help!!!
Cheryl
Beauregard's slave

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:38 am

Aww, that poor girl. She's better off without him, but I know it hurts.

And you, what a survivor story!! I'm sure you will get one soon!

Cheryl
NFSA Member

Postby Cheryl » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:57 pm

My friend will be leaving Jacksonville, FL for Virginia at the end of March. We both very seriously want/need a SFS baby. I'm praying somebody between here & there will have some babies ready to leave by that time. If anybody has any ideas your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl
Beauregard's slave

Return to “Hoping to Buy/Adopt”