Page 1 of 1

Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:48 pm
by FawnLeibowitz
I'd like to adopt a new baby as a playmate for my baby girl. Which sex should I pick and how should I go about looking for a new baby? I'm leery of the internet exotic sites because I'm afraid they're mills. I'm in florida and want to make a good choice. My first was found near death as an infant too small to eat anything but formula, and I nursed her back to health. Now I think she'd like some company. I'd prefer a girl because r.b. is so docile. Any thoughts?

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:06 pm
by Caylee2111
Well that depends. :scratch:

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:08 pm
by Caylee2111
If you dont mind it being pricey Janda Exotics is great.
As for which sex, from my reasearch, I would say a male, they are probably even less likely to bite. Females, would not be quite as friendy. But do you want babies? Personally I would say, go with a male. But its up to you!

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:25 am
by Joan
FawnLeibowitz wrote:I'd like to adopt a new baby as a playmate for my baby girl. Which sex should I pick and how should I go about looking for a new baby? I'm leery of the internet exotic sites because I'm afraid they're mills.

Many are mills. :(

FawnLeibowitz wrote: I'm in florida and want to make a good choice. My first was found near death as an infant too small to eat anything but formula, and I nursed her back to health. Now I think she'd like some company. I'd prefer a girl because r.b. is so docile. Any thoughts?

There are some good hobby breeders in Florida and also mills that export overseas. Where are you located? Why do you think he wants company?
If he gets attention from you? Flyers bond very strongly to humans but there is a chance that a second will bond more to the first if introduced at a later date. An only flyer can be VERY happy.

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am
by Caylee2111
Well Janda Exotics is certaintly not a mill. I got Sunny there.

250 per Squirrel.

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 pm
by Joan
Caylee2111 wrote:Well Janda Exotics is certaintly not a mill. I got Sunny there.

250 per Squirrel.

Do you know where they get their flyers?

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:56 pm
by Caylee2111
Well, have you looked at the website yet? They can explain alot better than I can. Incase you are wondering about living conditions, I went there to get Sunny, and they have a HUGE domain for squirrels. And all the other animals too!

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:00 pm
by Caylee2111
http://www.jandaexotics.com/flying-squirrels

Try here, or just browse the general.website too look around and see what you can find. Sorry I can't be much of a help.

Re: Want a new baby, what sex should I pick?

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:02 pm
by Caylee2111
Ah yes, they breed a few every year. Its not forced! Dont worry. Ugh. I sound like a living advertisment.