Looking for a New Baby!!

slmero
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Looking for a New Baby!!

Postby slmero » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi all. I've been a member here for over a year but due to a busy job and raising a flyer (which as you all know, can also be a full time job, lol), I wasn't able to post that often. Now I'm unemployed temporarily and will be posting much more often. And now that I'm not working at the moment, I can devote all my time and energy into raising a new little baby! So I'm hoping someone here knows of any babies available? I'm looking for a companion (preferably a male so we can try for babies) for my Bella Rose, who I've had for a little over a year. Before getting Bella, I did research for a whole year so I def know my stuff when it comes to these little guys. I live in Massachusetts but would be willing to travel to get my new family member if necessary! I have a HUGE cage that hdC~Bella adores (which is 5'L x 4'W x 6'H) and would like to eventually house the new baby in with Bella. Although, since its not a guarantee that they'll get along, I've got a separate cage prepared (although not as big as Bella's cage) to house the new baby in until they get acquainted with each other.

So, if anyone knows of a breeder with available babies or a flyer baby in need of rescue, please let me know. As i said, I'm willing to travel. I got Bella from a pet store in Texas called S&S Exotics and had a bad experience with the shipping process. I was lied to and told Bella would be shipped to me in a safe, warm, comfortable crate or aquarium and instead, she came in a TINY plywood box that was cracked and NAILED shut! There was nothing inside except for a scrap of fleece (NOT A POUCH), a piece of orange, and NO water! At the time, I didn't know that pet stores who sell flyers usually pluck them right out of the wild and they are not hand tamed! So needless to say, I'd much rather get my new baby from a reputable breeder or rehabber. However, I do realize there are some exceptions to the rule with pet stores so I'm keeping an open mind.

:signthanks:
Stephanie
Momma to 3 babygirls:
Miss Bella Rose (my newest and youngest, flying squirrel)
Miss Gracie Ann (my rebellious middle child, ferret who thinks she's a dog)
Miss Foxy Lady (my first-born, dog)

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a New Baby!!

Postby Joan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Good luck finding a buddy for Bella. I hope someone in your area has some hints for you.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

slmero
Juvie Pup

Postby slmero » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:42 pm

Joan wrote:Good luck finding a buddy for Bella. I hope someone in your area has some hints for you.

Thanks Joan! Lets just hope she doesn't have "only-child-syndrome" and gets along with her new buddy! I'm hoping they more than get along... I want them to make some babies, lol! I've attached a pic so you can see what Miss Bella looks like now. She's grown up to be such a sweet little girl!

Pretty Girl 1.JPG
Bella Rose, chillin' on her old favorite perch!
Pretty Girl 1.JPG (324.71 KiB) Viewed 7648 times
Momma to 3 babygirls:
Miss Bella Rose (my newest and youngest, flying squirrel)
Miss Gracie Ann (my rebellious middle child, ferret who thinks she's a dog)
Miss Foxy Lady (my first-born, dog)

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:00 pm

What a sweet face. :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Hoping to Buy/Adopt”