Unsure where to get a flyer

Lysithea
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Unsure where to get a flyer

Postby Lysithea » Tue May 29, 2018 7:27 pm

:n00b:

Hi, I'm new here. I'm also new to flying squirrels. I've owned sugar gliders, but the two seem to be a bit different. My significant other and I are looking to add a flying squirrel to our family but we don't know where to start looking, especially since he's dead set on a japanese dwarf squirrel. Does anyone have an idea of where we can find a breeder? I've been looking on Google but have come up empty handed. We're in Ohio, but it doesn't necessarily have to be all that close. I'm willing to travel a ways. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BJ

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Unsure where to get a flyer

Postby Joan » Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 pm

[/quote]:n00b:Hi, I'm new here. I'm also new to flying squirrels. I've owned sugar gliders, but the two seem to be a bit different. [/quote]
First, they are nothing alike in diet and many other ways. Flyers are happy being an only and do not self mutilate like some sugar gliders can. Since they are a native species they are much easier to take care of and feed.

[/quote]My significant other and I are looking to add a flying squirrel to our family but we don't know where to start looking, especially since he's dead set on a japanese dwarf squirrel. [/quote]
The Japanese dwarf flying squirrel is a protected species and only illegal poachers would offer them!

[/quote]Does anyone have an idea of where we can find a breeder? We're in Ohio, but it doesn't necessarily have to be all that close. I'm willing to travel a ways. Any help would be appreciated.[/b]
Dennis Quinter a long time hobby breeder is in Ohio and your best bet for advice. You can reach him at den942 at bright.net

Thanks,
BJ[/quote]
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Lysithea

Re: Unsure where to get a flyer

Postby Lysithea » Tue May 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Oh, I was unaware the species was protected. I thought I read that they were common and abundant. But in any case, we're certainly not interested in a poached pet, so thanks for the info.

We shall be looking into this Dennis. Very much appreciate the prompt response!

Return to “Hoping to Buy/Adopt”