To join the National Flying Squirrel Association

Updates, news and policies including membership information.

Moderator: Joan

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

To join the National Flying Squirrel Association

Postby Joan » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:33 pm

To join the National Flying Squirrel Association (or make a donation)

Send a PayPal payment Image
or check or money order for $20 (individual) or $30 (family/household) membership to:
NFSA
2344 Stockton Drive
Fleming Island, FL 32003

Include your address, MessageBoard log-on name, phone number and e-mail address for inclusion in the Member Directory.

Members get a NFSA Member decal

A Toilet Safety Decal

Membership renewal is annual in the January you. If you join any other time, you will not be due for renewal until January of the second year. So, if you join in August 2011, your renewal date is not due until January 2013.

Member Benefits:
Members do not pay a registration fee at any NFSA sponsored event like the Annual Conferences: viewforum.php?f=18

Membership discounts on NFSA items for sale

Access to the Members Only Forums:
1. Nocturnal Notes & Daily Discoveries
2. Financial Report
3. Directory of Members
4. NFSA Items for Sale

Financial assistance (if needed) for necropsies to determine cause of deaths in flyers

Voting rights

Monthly Photo Contest ... free tile of photo if a winner
Last edited by Joan on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

melonie
Baby Flyer
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby melonie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:00 pm

I paid my dues over a year ago and have not received any notices, included features and/or benefits. Also when I post any of my squirrels for sale they are deleted. I would like my monies returned via paypal to melonie_buchanan@netzero.com and I would like to leave this forum. I'm sorry it didn't work out but I feel I am being discriminated against. Melonie Buchanan of Ratkateers Rodentry
Melonie Buchanan
Marshall, IN

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:19 pm

Your dues were refunded Nov. 23, 2004 via PayPal and this explanation sent to you:

"NFSA Mission and Membership Statement

The National Flying Squirrel Association's mission is to provide a pet support / informational organization for pet owners and rehabilitators by creating a safe network where individuals may come to research and share information on this species; to promote health, education, and general well being of Flying Squirrels. The NFSA does not have a membership level for commercial breeders/brokers and is a support /informational organization for PET OWNERS. The NFSA precludes membership of any commercial breeders/broker so that we are not seen as supporting one business over another. We do not endorse the capture (harvesting) of wild flyers pups/pregnant mothers for commercial/broker sales purposes. The NFSA & it's Board does not allow advertising from commercial breeders/brokers."

Go back and check your PayPal records:

Transaction Details
Payment Sent (ID #4DW4291772742630D)
Name:MElonie Buchanan    
Email:c_p75@juno.com
Total Amount:-$20.00 USD
Date:Nov. 23, 2004
Time:13:38:37 PST
Subject:Membership fee
Note:
Your PayPal payment for membership in the NFSA has been refunded to your c_p75@juno.com  account. The NFSA does not have a membership level for commercial breeders and is a support/informational organization for pet owners. The NFSA precludes membership of commercial breeders so that we are not seen as supporting one business over another. We do not endorse the capture (harvesting) of wild flyers pups/pregnant mothers for commercial/broker sales purposes. The NFSA & it's Board does not allow advertising from commercial breeders/brokers."
Thank you for your interest in our organization.

The NFSA Planning Committee

Shipping Address:
National Flying Squirrel Association
2344 STOCKTON DRIVE
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FL 32043
United States

Funding Type:PayPal Funds
Funding Source:$20.00 USD - PayPal Account
Last edited by Joan on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Emily
Baby Flyer

Re: To join the National Flying Squirrel Association

Postby Emily » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:22 pm

My name is Emily from Biloxi, MS. I'm so sorry. I failed to see the membership fee when I logged on the other day. I just paid it w/paypal. I already posted 2 or 3 post this am, probably in the wrong place. I apologize for that. Hopefully, you may be able to figure out where they fit best, as I was rather wordy in telling my story, but couldn't seem to shorten it any. Thanks. I hope now to be a 'full-fledged member' of the NFSA. My email is emilymcraney@yahoo.com , though you prob. know that automatically. Please let me know if I need to do anything else, and the 'proper' place I should post. Thanks so much.
Sincerely, Emily McRaney

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Not dumb. I have been letting renewals ride for months to set up a twice a year schudule instead of getting payments monthly. Dues will probably be due June and December, depending on you notification from me. They will still be just once a year, but due in one of those months. I am finding it too much to send out monthly notifications. So watch you mail. :wink:

floralcommando
Baby Flyer

Postby floralcommando » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi I am a new member. Not sure where to post info requested. So I'll try here.
email----floralcommando@yahoo.com
Catherine
Beaufort,South Carolina
Ph.----843-441-4854
Proud Mom of 2 Flyers

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:02 pm

floralcommando wrote:I would also like to attach a picture of my Girls. How and where would I do that?

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7666

floralcommando
Baby Flyer

Postby floralcommando » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks again, I'm thrilled with all the info. thats available. What A Great Association.
Catherine[attachment=0]SAM_0023.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
SAM_0023.JPG
SAM_0023.JPG (2.54 MiB) Viewed 6022 times

Zachary.Hollingshead
NFSA Member

Postby Zachary.Hollingshead » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Hello! I just sent my 20$ so I'm hoping that will give me membership status. I wasn't sure where to post this information so I'll post it here.
Zachary Hollingshead

NuttyNelly
NFSA Member

Postby NuttyNelly » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi,

I just paid my membership fees but it did not allow me to write a note to say who I was on the forum. So money from me is for "NuttyNelly"! I am very excited to be a new member of this board and look forward to getting my new flyer soon!

Return to “NFSA Information”