Place for those with paid memberships to introduce themselves

Moderator: Joan

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

New Member #295

Postby Joan » Sun May 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Please welcome Teri (Terri) Fulton ... HOF of Dink, from Pennsylvania.

:wav:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Laurak
Flying Furball

Re: New Member #295

Postby Laurak » Sun May 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello and Welcome :-D

Terri
NFSA Member

Postby Terri » Mon May 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Laurak wrote:Hello and Welcome :-D

Hi there, Thanks...I see you joined last yr....

Terri
NFSA Member

Postby Terri » Mon May 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi there,
My name is Terri and I am glad to be a member now.
I live in Lancaster, Pa., and am a nurse. I didnt know we had flyers in my area until I came across "Dink."
I found him approx 10 mos ago in my front yard. I figure he was approx 5 wks old, his eyes were barely open and he was cold. So after he survived the night in a box on a heating pad, I found this website, and it's been a wonderful resource. I doubt he'd be with me tonight if it were not for NFSA.
Dink has cataracts they started early on....but otherwise he's lively and a real hoot to have.
I am pretty sure my state isn't flyer friendly, yet they wouldn't be able to rehab him to the wild with cataracts, so I guess I'm taking a chance on losing him if they find out.
I'm still figuring out things with the help of NFSA...like, I'd like to know how to get him nuts in their shell for his teeth. I've purchased, Tropical Carnival Gourmet Food. Its for Macaws and Cockatoos. It has some walnuts in the shell, and peanuts in the shell, but peanut shells are soft and walnuts are huge. He's funny to watch with a walnut in his mouth. Looks like the little squirrel on ice age with a huge acorn.(he acts like him too)
Othewise this Macaw mix has lots of different fruits,seeds,unshelled nuts,dried peas, and corn kernals.
Get this, as I'm typing this, Dink is in my chair seat behind me. I reached behind and gave him a filbert nut.....he just stuck it down the back of my britches! I know his vision is poor but....lol He loves diving under my shirt, but britches needs to be off limits...
Well enough of intros here.
Nice to be with you guys.
:n00b: Terri n Dink

Return to “NFSA Member Introductions”