Is she swallowing?

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

Susie
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Is she swallowing?

Postby Susie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:33 am

My flyer Piper seems to be swallowing all the time like she needs a drink of water or something. She'll do this for 2-3 days, then she'll quit. The last time she was doing this she had real soft stools, but this time she doesn't. Also, she doesn't seem to feel very good and kinda cranky. She'll go maybe a week, then she'll be doing it again. CAn anyone tell me what might be going on with her?

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Is she swallowing?

Postby Joan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:20 pm

[quote="Susie"]My flyer Piper seems to be swallowing all the time like she needs a drink of water or something.

If it mouth movements, she's probably talking ultrasonically and you just can't hear her.

... The last time she was doing this she had real soft stools, but this time she doesn't.
I doubt it's related.

Also, she doesn't seem to feel very good

What makes you think this?

and kinda cranky. She'll go maybe a week, then she'll be doing it again. CAn anyone tell me what might be going on with her?

Sounds like normal Fall behavior.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:30 am

Her whole body moves, her stomach goes in and out--kinda like the hiccups, with her head moving forward with each one. I don't know, maybe she's just weak or something. It just looks like she's swallowing constantly.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:32 pm

Susie wrote:Her whole body moves, her stomach goes in and out--kinda like the hiccups, with her head moving forward with each one. I don't know, maybe she's just weak or something. It just looks like she's swallowing constantly.

That's how ultra sonic chatter looks. If she's eating OK and is active, don't worry.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 pm

She is eating and is active so I guess she is ok. Thanks alot. It sure is nice to have someone always here to talk to. Otherwise we just wouldn't know what to do. Thanks,sue

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:38 pm

Wow, I never knew that's what ultra sonic movements looked like. I guess mine have never made those noises and I just thought they did.
- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:55 pm

I was so glad to hear that that's what it is. I was really getting worried that she had some kind of digestion problems. She's not fat at all, anyway. I'm trying to fatten her up. I got her some wax worms and she loves them. (She won't eat a earthworm)

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”