A non flying flyer?

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

A non flying flyer?

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:28 pm

My girl Pixie absolutely refuses to do anything resembling flying. She has glided a grand total of once since we've had her!(over a year now) and that was to create a squirrel pancake on my husbands face..my little pipsqueak lives to agitate him I really think she does it deliberately...She has also recently stopped using her wheel. I get her out of her cage for her night run and all she wants to do is more cuddling! She spends a lot of daytime curled up in my shirt.(Not that I'm complaining I just worry she isnt getting enough exercise) She does run around in her ginormous cage a bit and will imitate a fuzzy rocket when mom has something tasty but that is about the extent of it...Should I be worried???

Janna
PROUD HOF to Pixie!!!

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: A non flying flyer?

Postby Joan » Mon May 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Rhiannonn2626 wrote:......Should I be worried???
Janna

Only if NutriSystem meals start showing up and you didn't order them. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

aMartyrsHeart
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby aMartyrsHeart » Tue May 27, 2008 8:04 am

Haha! Good one Joan! :twisted:
Arien G.
HOF to Pikachu
--------------
Wifey to: Derek - married 8 years
Mommy to: Nevaeh (Human girl) - 4 years old
:animaldog: P-Nut and :animaldog: Casey (ChiWeenies)
--------------
R.I.P. Snap (Southern Flying Squirrel)

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:50 am

Pistol is over two years old and has only glided twice in his life, once to get to me and once to get to Martie during a chase. I was worried but some just do not care to glide and why should they when we give them free rides all the time anyway. Drago will be a year in September and he has glided only once.

Enjoy your little one staying where you can reach her at all time....
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:17 pm

I guess I'm just still a little gun shy.. Pixie scared the bajeezus out of me with her mysterious mbd like illness thinger. I just wanted to make sure she was normal and as fully recovered as I thought she was...
PROUD HOF to Pixie!!!

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Wed May 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Krikkit doesn't glide either. At least I've never seen him do it. He will jump from place to place but doesn't really glide. Then again, he's not had free range of the house yet either. Just his closet ;) Maybe once I get the track put up for him and Penny, there will be gliding going on.

lynn
Flying Furball

Postby lynn » Wed May 28, 2008 3:28 pm

I don't know if what I have done with my guys has caused any gliding, but all my flyers will occasionally take the big leap from the tallest spot they can reach and glide as far as possible, usually with a splat landing on my face. :silly: Even with the rehab babies, I have always bribed them with their favorite treat to jump from the ledge to my hand. Once we have established exactly which treat (pecan, walnut, pumpkin seed) is the best, I will stand a few inches from the top of their baby cage and offer it. They get the idea right away -- and we repeat until they get tired (or full). The next night, I take a step back after a few tries, and we repeat the longer distance. It's quite the fun game! Anyway, most of them will come right to me when I hold out an open hand or pat my chest. The shy ones grab and dash, and the braver/tamer ones sit on my hand or shoulder to eat the bite of food. We have fun. Probably I just haven't run into an aerophobic baby yet! :plane:
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”