Should I be concerned?

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

pappy1264
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Should I be concerned?

Postby pappy1264 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:42 am

Ok, been a while since I have been here. Had a serious issue with a glider, but he is finally healed, thankfully. Now, about Luna. I had asked about the hair loss down her tail, which everyone said was normal. Well, the fur has not grown back and now where the skin is showing, instead of pink, the skin is black. She is acting the same as always, not lost weight, eating fine and looks fine otherwise. Is this normal too? Or does the skin darken before the fur comes in? She has never tamed down any more than she was (she does not allow me to handle her at all, although I can transfer her from her pouch to a bonding pouch by letting her climb in herself.) Should I have her seen? I don't know how that will work out, as she can be pretty aggressive. I don't want to stress her unneccessarily. I will see if i can get pics. Anyone ever seen this?
Mary

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Should I be concerned?

Postby Joan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:51 am

I don't think the skin should be black and if a molt , it would have filled in my now. Can you post a picture?
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Penny's tail did that as the hair was growing back in... I'm not sure if it was the fuzz that made it look darker or if the skin actually darkened but it looked darker. She wouldn't let me inspect it closely

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:04 pm

I just looked at it, tonight it is furry! So it is fine! Little stinker, she sure can put a scare into me!!! Thanks guys!!
Mary

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:10 am

So glad to hear! That 5:00 shadow look is kinda iky looking until you can see the little fine hairs :wink: Give her some extra protien and fats like moths or waxworms. It'll make her fur pretty.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

pappy1264
Flying Furball

Postby pappy1264 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Thank you. Her fur looks great now! All grown in, like it was never gone!
Mary

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”