Nut to Supplement

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

pinkhatter
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Nut to Supplement

Postby pinkhatter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:51 pm

I am feeding my little visitor Zupreem Primate Chow, broccoli, cauliflower, white oak acorns, blackberries, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms, melee worms, caterpillars.
Once a week I wet a shelled walnut and coat it in crushed calcium/D powder and give it to him.
He also has a deer antler and a cuddle bone that he never touches.

My question is I read some place and I can not now find it that one kind of nut was a killer for the flyers and I can not remember which one it was.

I want to add a in shell nut to his diet but do not know what is safe other than Walnuts and I have tried them and he can not get into them.

He dose crew on hard apple wood so his teeth should be ok but I also want to give him a good hard nut that is going to be good for his teeth.

What do you recommend?

Judy C.

Re: Nut to Supplement

Postby Judy C. » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Try Pecans and Hazel Nuts (also known as Filberts). Flyers like both of these, and they can usually get them open. Crack one slightly and give it to him so he will realize what is inside, and that should be all he needs to get him interested in opening his own. You can order in-shell nuts on line if you can't find them locally. (You will be so surprised to see the first nut that he opens - you won't be able to figure out how he managed to get all the meat out of the nut!)

Judy C.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 am

I've seen them open Brazil nuts! if they want what's inside, they will get it out. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:20 am

Mine stink at opening nuts :twisted:
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”