Lost my Baby outside please help!

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

angelstr25
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Lost my Baby outside please help!

Postby angelstr25 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:09 am

last night my baby peanut got loose he always stays on me when i go outside but this time he jumped on top of the car and then disapeared at night. i put his cage outside and his favorite treats in front of it. is there anything else i can do to draw him to his cage. im devasted i love my peanut i just want him to come home. please any suggestions on where to look or what to do to find him would be much appreciated thank you

CatStina
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: Lost my Baby outside please help!

Postby CatStina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 pm

I have never lost a squirrel outside but I have read posts from others who lost their squirrels. I've read that putting fruit with a strong smell in the cage can help draw them in. I've also read that you should look up in the trees or tall posts, maybe you can see him up there. Sorry if I'm not much help, I hope it all works out. Good luck finding peanut!
~t Christina j~
Loving Squammy of Emo (RIP, 3/17/2006-6/15/2012)

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

angelstr25

Postby angelstr25 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:26 pm

thank you do u have any recomendations for fruit to use

CatStina
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby CatStina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:57 pm

I just read through the Flyer Diet section looking for "smelly" fruits. Here's a few I think may have a strong enough scent. Orange, Honeydew, Mango, Bell Peppers, and (even though it's not a fruit it is pretty smelly) Dog Food. I think I would try the orange, the mango, or maybe even the dog food. Whatever you decide, I hope it works. You can look through the list of foods and pick out ones you think Peanut would like. It may be something he likes that attracts him home.

Any way, here's the list:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2931
~t Christina j~
Loving Squammy of Emo (RIP, 3/17/2006-6/15/2012)

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Putting his cage out and "baiting" it is about all you can do. Check his nest box every morning. Also might try putting a dirty shirt of your inside the cage for your odor.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

angelstr25

Postby angelstr25 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:48 pm

thank u for all ur help im gonna keep trying . does anyone know if flying squirrels go out in the rain or come out when its raining because its been raining here i dont know if thats deterring him from coming out thanks again for ur suggestions

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 pm

They will uaually stay in their nests when it rains.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:20 pm

I was going to say what Joan did about the cage, that's a good idea. Do you live near woods if you do or have any trees near you? He will have found a dry place to go to so start checking all the likely places if it's still raining. If you don't find him tonight you could go buy a nest box and put peanut butter around the outside and maybe keep his cage close, If you kept him in a nest box mite try putting his nest box out on a tree and hope he catches his own sent on it, also try hanging a dirty tshirt from a branch if you put his nest box out there.

I'm sorry theses idea's sound bad but Joan took all the good one's :( I really hope you find him and for what good it doe's I will pray you find him, just don't give up and try any silly thing that comes to mind, like my idea's, it may not work but you don't know until you try. Good luck Travis.

Ps Sorry I'm just responding I've been gone all day and just sat down.
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”