Aggresive kicking

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

mojo
Baby Flyer

Aggresive kicking

Postby mojo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 am

Hello Joan,
I posted a question back in Aug. of 2008 about my baby who was humping my finger and aggressive towards other people. I was wondering if I should neuter him and was advised against it. I just regained access to this site which is wonderful by the way but wanted to update you. I just posted an emergency question about his leg which is my main concern at this time but do need help with my previous problem. He is now 4 years old and still constantly humps my finger. He is now very aggressive. Everyone who comes over is scarred of him. I am now pretty scarred of him. He will be fine for about an hour after he wakes up but then when I go to touch him he will start a little kicking dance and aggressively attack my hand. Sometimes I have to hide my hands because he will seek them out to attack. This has been going on for about 8 months now. I normally leave his cage open 24 hrs a day so he is free to roam whenever he pleases. When he first started doing this I would tell him no very load and then lock him in his cage but that didn't seem to help at all. I love the little guy so much and am not sure what to do. I am seriously considering getting him neutered. I had the same problem with my prairie dog and neutering him was the difference of night and day. He was extremely aggressive even towards me before. After getting him neutered, he never ever tried to bite me again but still hated everyone else, which was a little weird since I was the one who took him to the vet.

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”