Biting

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

Shannonriver
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Biting

Postby Shannonriver » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Does anyone know of ANYTHING like a lotion or cream that I could put on certain areas of my body that would repel a flyer from biting but not harm them?? Finn McCool has taken to my toes & for some odd reason at nite he nips rather hard on the inside of my elbow of both my arms. I woke up this am tore up! Its really quite strange because he doesnt bite me like that anywhere else he even gives me "kisses" on my lips & is very gentle. I tried sleeping in long sleeve shirt & he roots around till he gets up my sleeve & proceeds to attack!
Thanks!

NuttyNelly
NFSA Member

Re: Biting

Postby NuttyNelly » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:51 am

Hi,

I am not sure what products you could buy to deter biting. I read something on here that some people have suggested bitter apple spray? I think they sell it for puppys to stop biting.

Anyway, I was wondering how things were going.
HOF to a sweet baby boy!
Small hobby breeder of sugar gliders.
http://www.sarahssuggieshoppe.com

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:38 am

You can try the Bitter Apple, but some flyers seem to like it! :roll: Have you figured out if it's a lotion or soap that you use that seems to attract him or his he just being a brat? I still think a spray bottle of water and a good drenching might help.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Delight
Juvie Pup

Postby Delight » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:47 pm

What a little butt head! I aggree a cold shower may be in order, I always carry a little spray bottle with me to discourage my animals from being naughty! :evilbat:
Owned by 5 flyers, 1 geoffroys cat, 1 african serval, 1 bengal, 1 parrot & 1 dog. www.totallytameexotics.yolasite.com

Shannonriver
Baby Flyer

Postby Shannonriver » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks to all for the info. I will try more water, but it doesnt seem to bother him he just starts rolling around like a dog after his bath or a cat in catnip (it is hilarious). He even likes to hang out on the shower curtain rod when I am in the shower. He tried to jump on me ONCE, realized he wont stick to me in the shower (LMAO) & hasnt tried that again! I suppose I am a "pushover" mom that will just suffer threw it! LOL

Would love to find him a buddy (boy ONLY I dont want babies) If you know of any littles guys needing a rescue I'd be happy to help. I refuse to pay money for an animal I think there are enough animals out there that need good homes.

Thanks again to all the for the caring & support!

Shannon

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”