Momo's Not So Grand Adventure Outdoors

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

Laurak
Flying Furball
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Momo's Not So Grand Adventure Outdoors

Postby Laurak » Sat May 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi all!

My computer is on the fritz, but quickly, Momo got out yesterday night and was up in a pine tree for the past 24 hours. LUCKILY (thanks to the Skuls advice!) she came back and is now home safe and sound.

Question 1:
She is really sappy - covered in pine sap. Very sticky. We've washed her down with a bit of warm water and Dawn and that seems to have gotten a lot of it. Is there anything else I can use?

Question 2:
Is there anything I should look out for? She looks ok, maybe a little skinny, but no cut marks, scratches, etc. I did the pinch test and she isn't going crazy for her water bowl, so I don't think she's dehydrated. What illnesses could she have been exposed to that I should watch out for? Luckily we live in the city so I don't think she was in contact with any animals except for a few birds. We were out watching the tree the whole time (yes, I'm very tired now....)

We'll also treat her tomorrow with some Revolution to get rid of possible flea/ticks.

Thanks guys. It's been a crazy few days. We're overjoyed to have her back, but a little overwhelmed as well.

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Momo's Not So Grand Adventure Outdoors

Postby Joan » Mon May 07, 2012 12:39 am

If all the sticky isn't out from the pine sap, you can get it off with peanut butter ... old trick for getting gum out of kids hair. She will enjoy grooming after that too. :twisted: It's unlikely you need worry about anything. I'd do a visual inspection for fleas and if there, use a flea comb to comb them out. I doubt you will find any though.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Laurak
Flying Furball

Re: Momo's Not So Grand Adventure Outdoors

Postby Laurak » Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks Joan!

After a day, it looks like the Dawn did the trick. She is all clean and shiny again now :)

No fleas that I can see but I'm going to use a few drops of Revolution (as per another rehabber's suggestion) to get rid of any possible bugs.

So far the eating, drinking, poops, and pees are looking good, so I am hopeful that she didn't contract anything during her little 'adventure.'

Momo is going to make me old before my time.... :puppydogeyes:

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”