Frequent Urination

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

nurturingfather
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Frequent Urination

Postby nurturingfather » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 pm

I have a SE flier that was born at end of August 2012. I nurtured him after cutting down a tree in the back yard. He is active in his cage and friendly with people. He has a problem with frequently urinating just after picking him up. I think its a health issue as he has not always done the same.

His cage is 2x2x3 and has a nesting box, limbs and ropes for climbing. He has wheel but doesn't use it. He does run inside the cage frequently at night and I let him out to run a couple times a week.

I feed him monkey chow daily. Give him either a slice of apple or green pepper, and celery on alternating days. About once a week feed him a boiled egg and also a vitamin c treat, a could almonds or cashews. Also give him real chicken milk bone once or twice a week. He has calcium block in the cage and I give him vitamins in his water once weekly.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Frequent Urination

Postby Joan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:07 pm

In my experience, they often do this to mark you or when first awaken and not given a chance to urinate. You can test the urine with test strips you can get at a drug store. My flyer tested normal on these strips even though they are meant for humans. He was having no problems ... I just wanted to see how the results would turn out.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

nurturingfather

Re: Frequent Urination

Postby nurturingfather » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 am

Thank you!

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”