Chewing on Wall???

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

EenyandMeeny
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Chewing on Wall???

Postby EenyandMeeny » Fri May 10, 2013 7:35 am

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I started to notice that my one flyer was trying to chew on the wall in my bathroom while he was playing. I stopped him, but he kept trying to go back and chew it. (Our walls are white, but I was worried about the paint). They get dark fresh greens every night along with fruit, and they also have a deer antler that I found in my woods just this spring(along with a tree branch to chew). Do any of you know why he may be trying to chew the wall?

Thanks! :D

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Chewing on Wall???

Postby Joan » Fri May 10, 2013 11:09 am

Some are "chewers" and some are not. Some flyers will chew ceilings, some books, some wires. Only solution I know of is keeping him away from that area. Most paint is childproof and not harmful and it's unlikely he's eating it anyway.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

EenyandMeeny
Baby Flyer

Postby EenyandMeeny » Fri May 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Thank you! :) That makes me feel better. I was primarily worried about him lacking some nutrient. I'm trying to work on potty training and keeping them from chewing things other than what's in their cage. :)

Laurak
Flying Furball

Postby Laurak » Tue May 21, 2013 9:36 am

I also like to try the classic child rearing "diversion" tactic - if they are chewing on something bad, give them something good (branch, nut, etc.) to chew on instead, when you catch them doing it.

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”