bonding with new owner?

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

sniffyfriend
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

bonding with new owner?

Postby sniffyfriend » Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 am

My only experience has been with a rescued flyer who was about 5 wks old when I got him. He bonded very well. He basically lived in my shirt :)
I have really been missing my sweet boy and have been actively searching for another since he passed a few months ago.
My hubby, knowing how much I desired one, began searching and found someone selling a 1 year old flyer. I haven't been able to confirm if he is still available or not, but wanted to go ahead and ask for input.
It is about 6 hours away, so there is no way for me to know for sure how this little guy is really until I am committed.
My question is this: how well do flyers that old bond with a new person? She said that he was raised from a baby and good with people, but I know that I will miss the early bonding experience.
Any insight or experience any of you have is much appreciated. Thanks!

Laurak
Flying Furball

Re: bonding with new owner?

Postby Laurak » Thu May 30, 2013 2:51 pm

From what I understand, it can happen, but it's more difficult. You'll just have to put in the time and see what happens!

Joan
Site Admin

Re: bonding with new owner?

Postby Joan » Thu May 30, 2013 5:07 pm

They can switch a bond with patience. I'd see for myself how bonded he is with her to judge his bonding.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”