Missing fur on top of nose...

For other than life threatening medical situations with your flyer.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

FawnLeibowitz
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Missing fur on top of nose...

Postby FawnLeibowitz » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:27 pm

It's been terribly cold these past few weeks in lake county florida with a couple of nights in the thirties. (I might sound neurotic because of course she'd be out in the cold in the wild, but I feel like she'd at least have buddies to snuggle with.) At any rate, I've brought her inside into a smaller cage (she has a big tall thing on the patio normally) during the past week or so, which I know she must hate because she's doing somersaults like mad. Tonight I noticed that since yesterday she has rubbed off a bit of fur on the top of her nose. Have any of y'all run across this before? Will it be okay once she's back in her big cage, or can they develop habits of rubbing their fur off?

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Missing fur on top of nose...

Postby Joan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 pm

FawnLeibowitz wrote:... At any rate, I've brought her inside into a smaller cage (she has a big tall thing on the patio normally) during the past week or so, which I know she must hate because she's doing somersaults like mad.

She probably does dislike the smaller cage. They will back flip if bored or frustrated. Pups do it for fun.

FawnLeibowitz wrote:... Tonight I noticed that since yesterday she has rubbed off a bit of fur on the top of her nose. Have any of y'all run across this before? Will it be okay once she's back in her big cage, or can they develop habits of rubbing their fur off?

It will grow back and be OK. She's likely doing it in the small cage rather than a molt as the trail is more effected usually with a molt: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7690
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Non-Emergency Help Sought”