Squirrels: The Animal Answer Guide

Reviews & mentions of favorite & recommended books on the subject of flying squirrels
Judy C.

Squirrels: The Animal Answer Guide

Postby Judy C. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:22 am

Bought a new book on squirrels a few days ago. "Squirrels:The Animal Answer Guide" by Richard W. Thorington Jr. and Katie Ferrell. It is a paperback, 7" X 10", 183 pages, illustrations and photographs. It is a very easy to read format if you want to look up a specific subject, but of course I just read the whole thing through. It has a lot of information in it - I learned a lot.

There is an interesting section on flyers, including one entitled "How do you make a flying squirrel?" which goes into some detail about how the gliding mechanism works.

The book covers squirrels all over the world, and even goes into how certain squirrels ended up in certain places due to evolution, climate changes, ice ages, shifting of wet and dry masses of land, etc.

It's a great book, and I give it 2 thumbs up. I ordered mine through AddAll Rare Used and Out of Print Books. (AddAll has listings from dealers all over the world. I have bought a lot of books through them, and never had any trouble.) They have quite a few copies of it listed, so keep looking until you find a price you like.

Judy

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:52 pm

Thanks Judy.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “The Bookshelf”