Golden Book

Reviews & mentions of favorite & recommended books on the subject of flying squirrels
veedub
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Golden Book

Postby veedub » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Its been out of print for a long long time but there once was a book called The Golden Book of Wild Animal Pets by Roy Pinney. Its a great book from the late 1950s about wild animal pets of course its long before most states had laws about these sort of things and much of the data is outdated but its got an interesting section on Flyers, as well as sections on prairie dogs, armadillos, de-scented skunk, opossums and more. Its a cool book and you can still find copies on amazon or ebay. There are good pictures of many animals. Check it out if you get the chance.

veedub
Juvie Pup

Re: Golden Book

Postby veedub » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:30 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Golden-Book-Of- ... _500wt_934

here is a copy on ebay check it out flyers made the cover twice

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks that's not too expensive :D I do however wonder how much is actually talking about flyers and I also wonder if they would be able to tell me anything I don't already know that I would be need to know. I wouldn't thinks so but for all the :n00b: it might be a good beginner book, thanks for sharing :D
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

veedub
Juvie Pup

Postby veedub » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:37 pm

I can't seem to find my copy of the book anywhere but if I remember right there was a couple pages on flyers not really any info about care that you couldn't find on here but its still a cool piece of history and there are some nice pictures of kids and animals. It also has pretty cool instructions and tips on catching various wild animals to take care of. Definitely would not be endorsed by your local wildlife officials. This book was what originally got me interested in flyers and exotic pets in general way back when I was a kid I have wanted a flyer ever since.

Return to “The Bookshelf”