Journal

Reviews & mentions of favorite & recommended books on the subject of flying squirrels
VA3NEE
Baby Flyer
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Journal

Postby VA3NEE » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:22 am

Hiya. I was looking to buy a really young FS. I used to own flying squirrels and once had 4 living happily together for weeks and had an outside cage during the summer and I have bears around me. One morning, I woke up to hear scratching at the side of my house. The cage was tipped over with the bear standing over it scratching at the nest box. I ran in, got the air horn, and opened the door. I threw rocks at it, got it on a run, and blew the air horn right near its ear. Poor little things, they were sitting in the nest box shivvering. Not hurt, but terrified. I havent been on the board since. I re introduced one to the wild but the other two scooted off. I saw them around often but less now that it is winter. I was going to buy a flier and write a book about its life. A journal or something. Good idea? Id like your opinion and wheather you know someone who sells cheaply or gives away young fliers so I could start on this. All my other fliers were over 1 and a half years old when I got them.
TNX DE VA3NEE

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:16 pm

Steve may be able to provide some answers when he sees this ... he's in Canada too.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “The Bookshelf”