warning!!! "bad flyer conditions"

Please leave both Positive and Negative feedback on purchases obtained from advertisements placed on the NFSA MessageBoard.
Nikki
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

warning!!! "bad flyer conditions"

Postby Nikki » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:02 pm

Just thought I should post a warning to everyone. I bought 4 flyer (2 pair ) from Kathy Hill (kitkat1958) who posted on this board. I was excited and happy to give them a home. She said the cages came with them and they had lots of room in the cages, but to my horror these flyers were kept in the most horrible conditions.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/ ... C_051S.jpg
The only thing that these cages should have been used for was travel. They didn’t have anything in the cage except one next box, a bag, food, and water. She never has even played with them or got them out of the cage. She said that she could touch them and they would eat out of her hand, but I know that was a lie. They are so scared and wild that when I try to touch them they pee. I know that I got screwed, but I don’t care, the only thing that I care about is I got them away from her. Now they are going to have a great life. Darra is taking them to Judy for me. I know that Judy will give them lots of love and the space that they need with her other “wild bunch“. These 4 flyers have been through so much, they deserve this chance at a better life. Now they might even learn how to play and fly. Thanks to Darra and Judy for being the kind and caring people they are. Kathy also deleted the post offering the flyers for sale as soon as I took them.

Moonsong
Flying Furball

Postby Moonsong » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:55 am

:bad-words: Why do people fork out the money for pets and then put them in living conditions like that? ARGH! People like that should be arrested and put in a 3 ft x 3ft cell and not taken out... and then see how THEY like it.

And does anyone else find it odd that this person who had the babies posted several times but deleted all but one of her posts?? I would love to see what all she said about the flyers while she had them.

Okay... no more watching "Animal Precinct" for me. *sighs*
~*~Reesa~*~
Happy Squammy to Tajar and Baxter

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:47 am

I remember when this woman bought these flyers. She was constantly on Messenger asking for advice. At first, we both tried to help, but Darra is much nicer than I am, so she began more or less 'stalking' Darra, asking for advice. And sweet Darra would always give her the advice she needed - over and over and over again! She haunted her on Messenger, and, if I remember right, she constantly phoned her. Nearly drove poor Darra crazy! The woman was scared to death of the flyers, and would never pick them up or pet them. Darra told her what size cage to get, what to feed, how to gain their trust, what kind of toys they needed, etc. Apparently the woman SPEAKS English fine - she just can't - or won't - UNDERSTAND it when she hears it! I am glad Nikki got them away from that idiot before she managed to kill them, but I hate it that she lost so much money doing it. (I'm also glad that Nikki lives too far from her to have driven back and beat the woman half to death with one of those tiny, dirty cages!)

At any rate, they will be down here in a couple of weeks, and in the Wild Bunch cage. I have every hope that with the other flyers teaching them to play and run and jump, and some careful 'neglect' on my part - not pushing them and pretty much pretending to ignore them unless they want to be spoken to - they will soon come around and learn what it's like to be a real flyer.

This has been real heartbreaking for Nikki - to finally get these flyers after being assured that they were tame, and then finding out how wild and frightened they are, and the conditions they were kept in. But at least she can be proud, and very happy, that she got them, and that lady can no longer harm them.

Judy

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:16 am

Moonsong wrote: ... And does anyone else find it odd that this person who had the babies posted several times but deleted all but one of her posts??

That may have been me Ressa, if the posts were about selling the flyers. Often, when I see a post about selling and someone buys, I delete the sell post because I know the flyers have been sold.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Moonsong
Flying Furball

Postby Moonsong » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:33 am

Joan wrote:
Moonsong wrote: ... And does anyone else find it odd that this person who had the babies posted several times but deleted all but one of her posts??

That may have been me Ressa, if the posts were about selling the flyers. Often, when I see a post about selling and someone buys, I delete the sell post because I know the flyers have been sold.

Ah okay Joan. Thanks for the head's up.
~*~Reesa~*~

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:17 pm

Darra wrote: ... Kathy got these flyers from Helen's Little Critters.

Do you know if they were sold as untamed breeding pairs or as "tame" pets?
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

abby
Flying Furball

Postby abby » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:58 am

Good luck with those flyers, looks like you got them some cozy toys in there. I"m sure they appreciate that.
2 Flyers: Junie and Storm
6 Sugar Gliders: Sydney, Oscar, Miracle, Echo,
Otto, and Lily.

Moonsong
Flying Furball

Postby Moonsong » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:44 pm

Now now... sarcasm really doesn't fit you, Anita. *LOL* :twisted:
~*~Reesa~*~

Return to “Feedback on Purchased Items”