NUTS4U

Please leave both Positive and Negative feedback on purchases obtained from advertisements placed on the NFSA MessageBoard.
peep
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

NUTS4U

Postby peep » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:59 pm

Last week we ordered 1 lb of mixed nuts, 1lb. of pistachios & 1 lb of pecans from NUTS4U. The pistachios & pecans were ok, but when I opened the bag of mixed nuts :bad-words:

(a) There were only 4 walnuts and 2 brazil nuts. The rest were hazelnuts and almonds.

(b) The entire bag was infested with pantry moth larvae... they had eaten through most of the almonds & some of the hazelnuts.

(c) All of the nuts in the bag of mixed nuts were really poor quality, looked like they were several years old! :bad-words:

I emailed NUTS4U and told them I wasn't happy (along with photos of the bag of nuts) and that I will be returning them after I freeze them for a week. Also informed them that I'd be posting a review of their product in here.

Not a good experience with them!
peep

There was no response to my email. :bad-words:
State and Federal permit holder

RebeccaMarieUCF
Flying Furball

Postby RebeccaMarieUCF » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:21 am

Thanks for sharing...sorry for your aggrivation....I've had my first dealings with those nasty little worms recently...ew
My first furbaby:
Cali >^..^

BreezieGirl
Flying Furball

Postby BreezieGirl » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:02 pm

Wow, that's terrible. Thanks for letting us know about them, Peep. I'm sorry that happened to you.
~Kaylie
Owned by Jasper

In Loving Memory of My Sweet Little Mima :smt049

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:32 pm

That's gross. Thanks for the head's up. Keep us posted if you hear from them or anything.
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:00 pm

I spoke to a young lady at NUTS4U today on the phone. She was very apologetic about the condition of the mixed nuts, and for not getting a response to my email yet.

She assured me that she would hand pick a new bag of mixed nuts for me, and send them tomorrow.

She explained that they were having a problem receiving infested nuts from their growers lately, but they also will NOT fumigate their nuts (thank heaven!) The company has just installed a walk in freezer to store their products, so the problem of future infestation should be solved.

She was very gracious and accomodating, and assured me that the owner would give me a call in a day or two to make sure I'm satisfied with the replacement. As for the damaged nuts I have in the freezer, she asked that I simply destroy them.

I think they may be a fair minded business after all.
peep

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Oh me too! I am just about out of hard shell nuts, and totally out of acorns now. The storms last year ruined my acorn crop. Rita blew them down too early, and they litteraly rotted before I could get them up and dried out. The nuts that did stay on the trees were mighty slim pickins, and even though I rationed them I ran out, and used up nearly all of the bulk hard shell nuts I bought last season.

So far the acorn crop is looking to be a really good one this year, if the hurricanes will stay out of the Texas gulf.
peep

BreezieGirl
Flying Furball

Postby BreezieGirl » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:16 pm

I'm glad you got everything straightened out, and that NUTS4U sounds like a good business after all. Fortunately, there's a nice little nut store not too far away from my house and that's where I've been getting Jaspie's in shell nuts.

Hope you acorn crop does okay this year, peep!
~Kaylie

Owned by Jasper

In Loving Memory of My Sweet Little Mima :smt049

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:58 am

UPDATE:

Nuts4U has come through with their promise to replace the bad assorted nuts that I received. This was a much better quality and assortment than before. There were a couple of almonds that had little wormies in them, but a week in the freezer stopped any further infestation, and my little ones are enjoying the nuts!
peep

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:04 am

Thats great I'm glad they worked out for you.
~t Christina j~
Loving Squammy of Emo (RIP, 3/17/2006-6/15/2012)

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:25 am

Thanks for the info!
Chris

Proud HOF to Nieve

3-24-06

Thank you always Avalon!

Bejammie
NFSA Member

Postby Bejammie » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:18 pm

i recently bought a 5 lb bag from them for Delilah, the selection and bag was great, no problems. Just wanted to letcha know!
♠ Allison ♠
Squammy to Delilah and Timber
-Always remembering my little wild guy, Sprocket- gliding free in those southern breezes-
-The life of a lamb is no less precious to me than that of a human being.- Ghandi

Return to “Feedback on Purchased Items”