Chicakadees

Information about releasing flyers to the wild, removing them from the home and attracting them to your yard.
yellowdogs3
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Chicakadees

Postby yellowdogs3 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:52 pm

I now have chiackadees trying to invade my flyer nest box. I am concerned that they will evict the flyers. Do they co-habitate or will one take over? If the chickadees are the ones that will take over the box, is there any way to discourage them from nesting? They are taking nesting materials, i.e. grasses and twigs into the lowest level of a three level nest box. I was going out to feed just now and thought it was one of the flyers on the side of the box, but it was one of the birds. The bird went up the tree somewhere when I went outside, and I whistled and one of the flyers came down so they are still here. This bird activity has been going on for about three days, but the flyers have remained in the box, coming out nightly as usual. What should I do, if anything?
Thanks,
Debbie

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Chicakadees

Postby Joan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:43 pm

No bird in it's right mind would try to chase off a flyer.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Chippy
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Chippy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:11 am

Sounds like our smart little flyers have set a trap and will be having a great meal soon! :twisted:
Martie.....
Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.
Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:20 am

Get one of those kitty fishing poles with feathers on the end. Watch you flyer demolish it in about 2 seconds. LOL I got rid of mine because I was going broke buying replacement feathers, Mishi would pounce on it from across the room. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Wild Flyers”