Rascal - RIP my little rascal.

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
furballgenetics
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Rascal - RIP my little rascal.

Postby furballgenetics » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am

Dear NFSA Board,

It has taken me awhile to figure out how to post here again, so sorry for the delayed news. This is from my Face Book post when it happened...

"Sads news... After 11 wonderful years, Rascal the flying squirrel died peacefully on Saturday (8/05/2017). He is sorely missed.. From a Show & Tell for a kindergarten class in Windsor, CO to numerous trips to Bleidorn, IA... Rascal LOVED kids & traveling!!! When the car started, he knew he was going to get LOTS of attention. He always came when I called his name, expecting his favorite treat... a Cheerio! That is, until Saturday morning when I found him listless. We spent his last day together. Sad, but grateful that I was there. He had a long, exciting, playful life. RIP you little rascal."

It is still hard to write this, even after 1.5 months. It is amazing how these little creatures work there way into our hearts. From the day I went to get him from Judy Call to that fateful Saturday in August, it was truly a blessing to be his HOF.
Jay & Rascal (RIP) :angel13:

:wings:

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Rascal - RIP my little rascal.

Postby Joan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 pm

I truly understand your pain. It's almost 2 years now that my Chuck left me. He too taught children about Southern Flying Squirrels for years. I miss him every day ... especially when I see a child at Starbucks where he'd hang out with me and pop his head up to give the kids a thrill. His picture in a Starbucks cup is still posted on their bulletin board.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

furballgenetics

Re: Rascal - RIP my little rascal.

Postby furballgenetics » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:15 am

Thank you for your kind message Joan. You have been there to support me as Rascal's HOF from the very beginning (actually even before I got Rascal from Judy Call). I'm so sorry to hear about Chuck... I remember so many wonderful posts about his antics (& his progeny)!!! I need to find that Starbuck's picture... What a great memory! Thanks again Joan, you have always been SOOOOOO supportive!!!!!!!
Jay & Rascal (RIP) :angel13:

:wings:

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”