More sad news has come our way

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Jme
Teen HOF
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Jme » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:30 pm

Oh no! Poor thing.
Jme

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:06 pm

Anita I am so very sorry over Grayson's passing. Please know that your in my thoughts and prayers. You gave your all and that is all that any of us can do. I just wish I could at least give you a "I am so sorry Hug".
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Anita Rae
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Anita Rae » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:46 pm

OH NO, Anita I am crying with you. I know how hard you fell for little Grayson. He was such a trooper. Sometimes you do all the right things and they still slip away. Sweetie, you are one of the most caring, giving people that I have met in a long time. Grayson left this world knowing that you loved him. What more could a little fellow ask for. You know that I am praying for you. Big hugs coming your way.

abby
Flying Furball

Postby abby » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:53 pm

Anita,
I'm so sorry. I know you took care of Greyson, just like you took care of Miss Miracle! You are a great person, Anita, and its comforting to know that in the last days of his live Greyson was happy, warm, fed, and loved....
2 Flyers: Junie and Storm
6 Sugar Gliders: Sydney, Oscar, Miracle, Echo,
Otto, and Lily.

Totty
NFSA Member

Postby Totty » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:43 pm

:( Hello everyone,

It has been really hard today. I can't get myself together. I wanted to say Thank you to all the great people on this board. I appreciated all the great help I received from all of you. I am having a hard time typing right now, because my little baby Grayson is gone and I feel my heart has been torn in half & ripped out. I feel I have failed my little Grayson. When I was chosen to keep him safe and sound and I didn't and now he's gone.

I am at work right now and so I haven't been able to return any phone calls. But I will be on the computer later tonight when I get home. Please forgive me, but my heart is breaking. :love9: :smt089
Anita

Flyers: Okie(F) & Rosie(F) & Texas "Tex"(M)
Baby Squirrel Mindy Sue (F)

Sugargliders : 60 + babies

In Sweet Memory of my baby flyers.
Rest in Peace my little ones:
Twiggy (M) & Grayson (M)

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:13 pm

When I was chosen to keep him safe and sound and I didn't and now he's gone.

Anita, you kept him as safe as anyone could. You gave him so much love, and a warm home. Sometimes things just don't work out right, no matter how much you try. That's one of the hardest things you have to learn as a rehabber. It still hurts me every time I lose one, just like it was my first. But all you can do is your best, and you certainly did that. Just keep Grayson in your heart, and know that he is watching over you, and will be there to help you with your next rescue.

Love Ya,

Judy

Pam
NFSA Member

Postby Pam » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:12 am

I am so sorry Anita, it just breaks my heart, hearing about all these little angels crossing over rainbow bridge. But you gave him so much love, even if for a short time, but he was loved and cared for before he left your arms. Sending our love your way..pam
Pam, Abbey and Binky ..PeeWee..4 very happy souls

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:35 am

I'm so sorry that he only came for a while. Your life was enriched even in his short time.
Big hugs,
Kay

Totty
NFSA Member

Postby Totty » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:09 pm

Grayson has moved on to a better life over the rainbow bridge.

I just wanted everyone to know we have sent him off for a neocropsy. It was a very hard thing to do, but it will be for the good & the future of learning more about our little flyers. We are hoping to learn something within the next few weeks. I will keep you all posted.
Anita

Flyers: Okie(F) & Rosie(F) & Texas "Tex"(M)

Baby Squirrel Mindy Sue (F)

Sugargliders : 60 + babies

In Sweet Memory of my baby flyers.

Rest in Peace my little ones:

Twiggy (M) & Grayson (M)

The Boo's Char
Juvie Pup

Postby The Boo's Char » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:59 am

Anita, I am sooo very sorry!! I know that you did everything in your power to help this little guy. He would've had a very agonizing passing if you hadn't taken him in to nuture. Rest assure he had experienced love and care, which are two things that I'm sure he had never received. You were able to give the gift of comfort, love, and care to this baby, and for that I know that you have gained the priviledge of having one more fur baby Angel added to your shoulder. Prayers are going out for you, time will heal the pain. It took me months to be able to go just one day w/o crying when my BooBoo passed, and I still loose it when I see his pics. As some Hofs have said before, They are trully a gift from God, fur angels. Love and prayers to you!!

Beverly
NFSA Member

RIP Grayson ...

Postby Beverly » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:13 am

Very sorry to read this saga. My suspicion would be 'cat scratch (or bite) fever' - often there is almost no sign, at all, of injury - but the cat has managed to infect the prey, just the same. Finding the poor thing in a flowerbed is also indicative of an encounter with a cat, IMHO. But, ITLR, all one can do is try, as you certainly did, Anita - and leave the decision on Life or Death up to the individual creature, and the Great Spirit. Hugs, and kudos, to you, for trying so hard to help Grayson make his decision - and for making him so comfortable while he was here.
{D {D {D Lots of Acorns to you, from
Beverly and the Denizens of
The Den Drey at Phantom Farm
What the world needs now are MORE SQUIRRELS! Then there would not be so many NUTS running around loose!

Laurie
Flying Furball

Postby Laurie » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:25 am

I'm just catching up on everything I've missed in the last week - so sorry to hear this all happened. Something that I always think when I get a baby is this.... The baby is dead when it comes into your house - meaning there was no chance for it until you found it and now at least there is some chance. So every baby that makes it because you took the time, is one that would have died - was supposed to die - so instead of looking at it and saying you lost one - look at all the ones that would have died and say look how many you saved. Thankxs for trying and again, so sorry.
Laurie
Mom to Orphaned Fliers Everywhere

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:48 am

What a great way of looking at things, Laurie! I am going to remember that whenever I get rescues in - I think it will help a lot.

Judy

Throwaway
NFSA Member

Postby Throwaway » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:59 pm

So sorry to hear about Grayson Anita. We have lost alot of our babies this year. Hope the vet can shed some light on this. :(

Colin
RIP Little Buddy

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”