Gordon and Jennifer's Rocky

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Gordon and Jennifer's Rocky

Postby Joan » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:29 pm

Just received this e-mail from Gordon about Rocky's passing. Those who attended the Cedar Key festival will remember that Rocky was world traveled via boat and motor home. Rocky was 14 ... probably 15 when he died peacefully.

Our Rocky passed away this afternoon in my hands. I heard a noise in the cage (happened to be in the room) and found Rocky on cage floor but very quiet. Held him inside my shirt for two hours before he died. He wasn't in distress - just tired. He lived a full life but we will sorely miss the little fellow. I noticed that the last few nights he would retire to the green shirt Sylvia made him after he had eaten including his sometime daily portion of 3 meal worms.

Gordon
Last edited by Joan on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Jme
Teen HOF
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Jme » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:30 pm

Oh how sad! WOW what a lucky flyer to have traveled the world! I am jealous!lol And WOW 14! He must have lived a great life!!!
Jaimie
Jaimie
Future HOF! LOL

RebeccaMarieUCF
Flying Furball

Postby RebeccaMarieUCF » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:45 pm

That's sad....so sorry. 14 years, wow!
My first furbaby:
Cali >^..^

BreezieGirl
Flying Furball

Postby BreezieGirl » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:54 pm

That's very sad, I'm so sorry, but at least he lived a long and happy life. With good loving owners!
~Kaylie
Owned by Jasper

In Loving Memory of My Sweet Little Mima :smt049

crystal3

Postby crystal3 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:58 pm

Gordon and Jennifer I am so sorry to hear of Rocky's passing. I hope you find solace in the sweet little face of Pixie and know in your hearts that Rocky was happy healthy and loved and had more than any squirrel could hope for when he came into your hands. I know how hard this day is for me after 2 years with Petrie and I can only imagine how attached you were after fourteen years to Rocky. He must have been as close to you as a child. My love and prayers go out to you in your time of need.
Crystal

HOF of 2 angels
Petrie 11/05
Piper 01/05
:love9:

The Rock's Laura
NFSA Member

Postby The Rock's Laura » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:32 pm

I am so sorry. I can only hope to have my Rockie for that many wonderful years.
:love7: I was joyfully owned by
6 1/2 yr old
ROCKIE, a gift in my life.
Rest in Peace my baby boy 9/4/2002 - 5/24/2009

Anita Rae
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Anita Rae » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:36 pm

Gorden and Jennifer, I am very sorry to hear about Rocky. He will be missed by all of us. He was such an inspiration. Big hug for you.

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:53 am

Gordon and Jennifer I know your going to miss that Rocky 14 years is a long time and what beautiful memories I know you two must have with him. We keep pictures up of our late Mr. Whiskers and miss him each day. Your in our thoughts and each day think of a funny thing that he did and look up and let him see your smile.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:42 am

So sorry for the empty spot that is with you with the loss of such a longtime love. And I want to say how proud I am to have met such successful HOFs. I hope you plan on having a new baby soon?!

ghfenner
NFSA Member

Postby ghfenner » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:19 am

Thanks to all of you for your very kind thoughts. Right now its hard for us to say anything more except to urge each of us to give our beloved pets a hug in one form or another each day and demonstrate our love in the manner in which we care for them.

Gordon and Jennifer

Pam
NFSA Member

Postby Pam » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:52 am

I am so sorry to hear about your Rocky. What a blessing to have had him for such a long time, I know it doesnt help having them a long time or short time, when we lose them they take a big part of our hearts with them. Sending hugs your way....Pam
Pam, Abbey and Binky ..PeeWee..4 very happy souls

The Boo's Char
Juvie Pup

Postby The Boo's Char » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:48 pm

I know that he had to have a very happy life. Wow, 15, you guys were blessed to have such a magical and loving bundle of love to share your lives with for such a time. Fifteen years sounds like a long time, but when you're talking about having one of these beautiful furbabies to occupy those 15 years, 15 seems more like 15 minutes. My deepest condolences, prayers and love are sent to the both of you.

crystal3

Postby crystal3 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:12 pm

Deb wrote:So sorry for the empty spot that is with you with the loss of such a longtime love. And I want to say how proud I am to have met such successful HOFs. I hope you plan on having a new baby soon?!

Gordon and Jennifer adopted Pixie from me just a few days before Rocky passed, coincidentally the day Gordon picked up Pixie is the same day my Petrie passed. I know in my heart that Pixie was truly meant to be with Gordon and Jennifer to help them with their hard times, with her sweet little face and gentle ways, she can bring sunshine to anyones face. :cloud9:
Crystal

HOF of 2 angels

Petrie 11/05

Piper 01/05

:love9:

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”