P.O.

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
RaVeRiNaBuBbLe
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

P.O.

Postby RaVeRiNaBuBbLe » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:25 pm

is gone. i'm heartbroken. i never wanted to face the fact that someday i'd have to post a topic on this part of the board...nor did i think that day would come so soon and so unexpectedly.

we just moved into our new place, got a dog, and 2 cats to add to the zoo, and the icing on the cake was the extra bedroom which was almost done being turned in to a flyer's paradise.

we had 3 deaths in the family in the last month, and have just been running like crazy. i always made sure he had what he needed if i'd be away. no other animals went in, it was all for him. i went in tonight to freshen his water and when i shook the pecan container, no one came hopping up to meet me. i took out his pouch, and there was no movement. ryan had to look inside, i didn't want to.

he's gone. my mind just doesn't want to accept it. he just turned a year old. i just don't know where i went wrong. all i keep thinking is ...if i had just spent more time with him, focused less on the moving and everything else...maybe he was lonely.....and i wasn't there for him.

this is so hard.

i would like to have a necropsy done. since he showed no visual signs of sickness. i just hope it's not too late for one. if someone could tell me what i need to do.

to those of you who have lost your dear little ones, just look to the heavens and ask them to welcome him with open "wings".

Rest Peacefully, P.O. you were one in a billion, i love you and i will never forget you, my special little baby.
~Michele~

In Loving Memory of Mr. Pecan Oglethorpe (P.O.) and Molly MoMo. Momma will miss you, Babies.

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:33 pm

Oh, Im so sorry for your loss. especialy after the other deaths in your family, this must be so hard for you. My thoughts are with you.

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:43 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you. This is a hard thing to go through and there are always so many questions that you ask yourself to try and figure out why. Just remember, everything happens for a reason. :(
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:15 am

Definitely have a necropsy done. Look in the index for the thread about how to go about it - Joan will help. Meanwhile, put PO in a plastic ziplock bag and leave him in the refrigerator until you can get him shipped.

Sending one off for a necropsy is a hard thing to do - I know, because I had to do it with my sweet Muffin. But keep telling yourself that sending him off may help other flyers someday. The information will go into a data base to be studied and followed for trends and possible causes that we may one day be able to correct and keep other flyers healthy.

I am sorry for your loss - I can only say that the pain will slowly become more bearable, and one day you will be able to remember the good times with him and smile again.

Judy

The Rock's Laura
NFSA Member

Postby The Rock's Laura » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:30 am

How heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your loss
:love7: I was joyfully owned by
6 1/2 yr old
ROCKIE, a gift in my life.
Rest in Peace my baby boy 9/4/2002 - 5/24/2009

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:54 am

I know this is so stressful not knowing what happened and losing your sweet baby.
I hope you get the answers to all your questions from the autopsy.

I am so sorry.
Mary

Vickie
NFSA Member

Postby Vickie » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Michele, I'm so sorry you lost P.O., and also for the other deaths in your family. What a heartbreaking time this must be for you. You have my prayers.
First Barnie, and now Jimmy--Zing, went the strings of my heart!

Yolanda
NFSA Member

Postby Yolanda » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:40 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
Yolanda

owned by Lukas and his children: Hickory, Queen Nefertiti, Yuki, Buttercup, Lily, and Jib; RIP George (mate of Lucas and mother of his children)
Cinderella the rabbit
Jasper, Sibbie, Echo, Simon, Sphinx, Cotton, and Indigo (cats)

RaVeRiNaBuBbLe
Flying Furball

Postby RaVeRiNaBuBbLe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:44 pm

it is really difficult finding a way to keep your mind off of death when things like this keep happening. about a month ago it was my uncle will's wife, Stacey (they just got married dec. 18th) she had just about every cancer you could think of, it was a matter of time...two and a half weeks later it was my aunt dawn, from heart and diabetic complications. (that was the hardest, because she was buried in the same plot as my birthmother, who i had yet to visit her gravesite.) and just yesterday morning ryan's aunt sharon passed away after a long bout with bone cancer.

now P.O.

i just thank god every day that i can wake up and see the smiling faces of my husband and daughter. if that ever was taken away, i don't know what i would do.

i do want another flyer, in a little while. i just can't see my life without one after all the joy P.O. brought to me and my family.

thank you all for your sympathy, and hopefully the necropsy will offer some better insight. i only hope it was not something that i overlooked. i don't think i could get past that.
~Michele~

In Loving Memory of Mr. Pecan Oglethorpe (P.O.) and Molly MoMo. Momma will miss you, Babies.

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm soo soo sorry for your loss Michele. After losing so many family members it must have been so hard to lose even Mr. P.O. I hope your new baby will be as sweet as him and that the necropsy results don't show anything bad.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:50 pm

I'm sorry!! This is so sad...I know I haven't bene on this board long but i'm very sorry about your lost this is terrible!!!
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Lora
NFSA Member

P.O.

Postby Lora » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:42 pm

I am so very sorry. Every time I go to Bojangles' cage & he doesn't come out right away I get that sinking feeling. I've dreamed about it & woke up in tears. Maybe it's because he came from the wild but I've always worried that this could happen. Don't beat yourself up for being too busy lately. He probably needed the time to adjust to his new home anyway. You certainly didn't cause his death. He knew you loved him and he'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Pam
NFSA Member

Postby Pam » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:04 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss...Pam
Pam, Abbey and Binky ..PeeWee..4 very happy souls

RaVeRiNaBuBbLe
Flying Furball

Postby RaVeRiNaBuBbLe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 pm

your kind words have brought a lot of comfort to me. i'm so thankful i have this board. no one else really understands. most of the people i know, view pets as animals, but to ryan, raelyn and i, they are members of the family, with just as many priviledges as we would give our child. (except the sweets, of course!) they have just as many toys, and get an even amount of "mommy time" i called my dad up last night in tears, and you could hear him rolling his eyes over the phone. he also sounded a bit relieved that he didn't have to come help me fit the screen door onto the "flyer room". to him it was a ridiculous idea in the first place. a whole room for one tiny squirrel. he knew p.o. meant a lot to me, he just didn't understand why.

ryan will be packing him up tonight to ship him off. i may finally take a look and say goodbye. he said he's curled up in a ball, and looks like he's sleeping. maybe i can handle it. he's also clipping some fur off of his tail to put in a vessel neclace for me. so i can always have a little bit of P.O. with me. my tattoo guy, mike, is also working on how to put a flyer in my tree tattoo. (it's the start of my sleeve, and p.o. is the reason i got the tree. it goes from my wrist to my elbow.) i can't wait to have p.o. added to it.

i have much love for all of you who understand and feel as deeply for animals as i do. you have really been a great help to me in this sad time. thank you all again.
~Michele~

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:27 pm

I am sorry to hear about all of your losses. That is very awful. Try to be strong.
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

majcourt
NFSA Member

Postby majcourt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:07 pm

i am very sorry for your loss- it is scary when there is no obvious cause- i hope you get an answer from the necropsy-

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:31 am

I'm so sorry! The tatto sounds lovely, though. I'd love to see it when its done..
PROUD HOF to Pixie!!!

RaVeRiNaBuBbLe
Flying Furball

Postby RaVeRiNaBuBbLe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:49 pm

i just wanted to say thank you. i got the beautiful sympathy card today from darra on behalf of the NFSA. it brought several joyful tears to my eyes. though i'm still sad and miss him so much, i'm happy knowing you are all here for me. so again, thank you.
~Michele~

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:58 pm

Michele, did you get Dr. Cooley's necropsy report? He e-mailed me that your address kicked it back to him. I have the report, but don't want to post it until you get a chance to review it.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”