Making the desicion: Necropsy

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Deb
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Making the desicion: Necropsy

Postby Deb » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:08 pm

To anyone having to make the sad desicion about sending a flyer's body to Dr. Cooley for a necropsy at MSU school of vet. med., I know some feel they cannot send their baby's body away when there are not provisions in our contract to save and ship the body back home for burial.
Some HOFs have found that a clipping of their baby's tail fur placed into a tiny ring box or something is a good substitute for burial or keepsake memorial.
But for anyone who would still not send their flyer's body without getting him/her back, I would like to renew my offer to travel up to MSU to pick up a necropsied flyer's remains and ship it home for burial. If the arrangments can be made with Dr. Cooley and his staff to hold the remains for me to pick up, I can usually be available within a day or two to do this.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Deb, that is the sweetest, kindest thing I have ever heard of. Thank you so much for your compassion for these newly bereaved owners who are suddenly faced with such a hard, heartbreaking decision. I truly believe that having a necropsy done can be a very healing experience for a HOF. It can give a meaning to a terrible occasion, with the knowledge that their flyer's death has contributed to the welfare of other flyers in years to come.

Judy

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Airstreamlady » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Dang,..... ditto Judy. Deb, you are one special person. We're fortunate to have you.
- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

4tupelo
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re:loss

Postby 4tupelo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:27 am

I am comforted to see this site. I just lost Tupelo..My name is Bill. It is 1 week this morning......So much of my heart was a part. of Yhis is a good site all I would have needed was a sign in bathroom an on door....thankYou for this site Tupelo touched hearts... From a cats mouth. BE Well

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”