RIP George

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Yolanda
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

RIP George

Postby Yolanda » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:25 pm

We lost George a few weeks ago. I came home from work and was bringing in the dinner buffet and found her outside the nest box. I had checked on them earlier that morning to make sure they had water.

She was our first flyer and was the one that my daughter Kimberly rescued from a neighbor's cat at my mom's house in Georgia on Christmas Eve 2004. We always assumed that she was under a year old, but she may have been older.

She always had her wild streak, but she did become more friendly over the years and after the birth of her 2 sets of triplets. She never like the Stealth Wheel. I only saw her use it only once.

She is buried under an oak in our backyard. I am grateful for the time we had with her and for introducing us to the wonderful world of flying squirrels.
Yolanda

owned by Lukas and his children: Hickory, Queen Nefertiti, Yuki, Buttercup, Lily, and Jib; RIP George (mate of Lucas and mother of his children)
Cinderella the rabbit
Jasper, Sibbie, Echo, Simon, Sphinx, Cotton, and Indigo (cats)

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: RIP George

Postby Joan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 pm

Yolanda, I'm so sorry about George. But, rest assured, she is keeping company with some wonderful furballs who are playing over the Rainbow Bridge waiting on their HOFs.
:angel13:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:39 am

Oh I am so sorry. Poor little girl. I always enjoyed your stories about George and her family.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:02 am

It is always hard to lose a little sweet one. I am sorry for your loss.

Mary

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:25 am

:( So sorry to hear about George. It is very hard to loose a pet and for some reason it seems even harder to loose a flyer. They get into our hearts and will be there forever. Keep happy thoughts of her and know that she is now having fun will all our little guys over the rainbow bridge.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Vickie
NFSA Member

Postby Vickie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Yolanda, I'm so sorry to hear about George, sorry for your loss.
First Barnie, and now Jimmy--Zing, went the strings of my heart!

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”