Our Suki passed away last night

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Kevin
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Our Suki passed away last night

Postby Kevin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:40 am

suki1.png
Ms. Suki in her Prime
suki1.png (118.74 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

Our flyer of almost 11 years passed away quietly last night.

She wasn't doing very well yesterday evening at all, wasn't moving around to good and seemed very disoriented. We thought she might have broken something but I don't think that was the case. She was fine with me inspecting her all over and didn't seem to be in pain.

I couldn't get her to drink or eat anything, she just seemed to want to lie quietly. Her breathing was very fast and shallow.

I sat with her for quite awhile but she seemed want to craw away (wasn't able to crawl properly and kept going in circles). I ended up putting her in her nest bed and she seemed to be content to stay there after the 2nd time I put her in. Still wouldn't eat or drink, but she just sort of stayed on or in her nest bed, starring off. We could still see her breathing around 11:30pm, she seemed to be on her side just inside her nest. She didn't come back out the rest of the night.

Bandit our other squirrel got to see her some but he just watched from a distance.

We are very sad to have her go, she's been a part of nearly a third of our own lives.

I've very happy I was able to be with her yesterday evening. I imagine that gave her some comfort towards the end.

As always I am so appreciative of the kind folks at the NFSA. I know my squirrels would never have been as healthy or happy with out the knowledge and advice available from this group here.

Kind regards,

Kevin and Emma
Kevin

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Our Suki passed away last night

Postby Joan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Kevin, of course you know how sad I am for you and Emma. I hope Bandit adjusts OK without her.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Judy C.

Re: Our Suki passed away last night

Postby Judy C. » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Kevin, I am so sorry to hear this. Suki was part of the NFSA family, and it hurts to lose her. My thoughts are with you and Emma during this.

Judy C.

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”