My Sandy Lou is gone

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

My Sandy Lou is gone

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:47 pm

I had a top soaking in the laundry sink, he never goes in there! When I found him, it was too late, he had drowned. There is a huge hole in my heart where he was. We buried him in the backyard this afternoon, I had to take the day off work, I'm so upset. I was his mother, he was my baby, and I failed to protect him. How do I go on, how do I let go? I can't function, I can't sleep, is this normal for losing a pet? This is the closest thing I've ever lost (family humans included). I am sick with sadness.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (69.83 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Re: My Sandy Lou is gone

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:35 pm

My favorite memory of Sandy is when he made his first pawprint on my heart. When we first got him he had MBD, and I was taking care of him all the time, worried sick about him. He had started getting better, and I had just gotten home from work, my husband had him out and Sandy was chewing on a pecan. As soon as he saw me, he dropped the nut and ran to me. I knew then that he loved me as much as I loved him. I miss that little guy every. Single. Day. It has not gotten much better so far.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:16 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the feeling of that hole in your heart. :(
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Thank you Joan. I never thought I could have so much love for something in my life for such a short time. I hope I brought as much love and happiness into his life as he brought into mine.

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 am

Yesterday I cleaned out my closet, Sandy's favorite place to play. You wouldn't believe the nuts I found in there, I guess he hid them in case he needed a snack sometimes! And I found where his bathroom was! My least favorite pair of flats that I haven't worn in forever (and I'm glad of that!) were full of his pee and poop! Last night I was thinking that about that time he would be running his laps around the house, to the cage to check out what I had put in for dinner, to me to see what I was up to, back to check on the kids, to the closet to do some flips, and back to the cage again. Then when the hubby would come to bed, Sandy would jump in, go straight to my feet, then slowly crawl back up next to my side and lay real still and quiet. He knew this was bedtime and thought that if he was still enough, we would forget and not put him in his cage! Smart little fella! I'd rub on his cheek (his favorite spot) for a little while, and then take him to bed. Then he'd do flips in his cage for the rest of the night. I miss him, this is good therapy though, even if no one is reading these, it's nice to type them out.

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 pm

This morning I thought about a couple months ago when I was having a hard time with my gall bladder. I took some time off work, so my husband would get Sandy and put him in bed with me before he left for work. Sandy would snuggle up with me in my shirt and we would snooze for hours. :) I loved it. Then I think he grew out of it for some reason, because hubby started doing it all the time, putting him in bed with me, then I would get up for work, but Sandy would crawl to my toes and nip at them until I got out of the bed. Like telling me, "get out so I can go to sleep!" Once I got out of the bed, he would find a comfortable spot and snooze away. Until I made the bed, then he'd pout.

He loved to sit in the crook of my arm, especially when strangers came over, I think that's where he felt safe, but at the same time could "check things out". Once he determined that everything was ok, he was off to play again!

We would play a game where hubby would stand on one side of the room and I would sit on the couch. Sandy would sneak over to hubby, hubby would act like he was going to "get him" and Sandy would turn and run as fast as he could to me. Then he'd sneak back over to hubby again. We would just laugh and laugh.

Here's a picture of his grave and a picture I found that I blew up, printed and framed for our fireplace mantel. Hubby says it's time to let go, but I'm not ready. Hubby's talking about getting another one, he's a lineman and found Sandy when they were cutting down a pole. I don't know if I'm ready for another one yet, even though before Sandy died, we had talked about getting Sandy a friend to play with.

I just loved that little guy so much...no matter what mood I was in, he brought a smile to my face. I couldn't wait to get home to get him out, I hated to leave for work. I didn't want to do anything but spend time with him, didn't want to go anywhere that he couldn't go too. There is a huge hole in my heart.
Attachments
Sandy's grave3 2013.jpg
Sandy's grave3 2013.jpg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 3973 times
Sandy Lou 2013 4x6.jpg
Sandy Lou 2013 4x6.jpg (91.71 KiB) Viewed 3973 times

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:49 am

Beautiful memories :angel13:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

spiritedaway20
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby spiritedaway20 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:05 pm

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss. I had no idea you lost a furbaby :( I know the pain of this too. That is a lovely memorial you did for Sandy.

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Thank you SA...I still miss him everyday. He will always carry a special place in my heart.

zoeyku

Postby zoeyku » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 am

I know the feeling of that hole in your heart.

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 am

Thank you Zoey. I now have two flyers, but they will never replace my Sandy...I still miss him every day, and those images of finding him are still there.

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”