My dear Rocky is gone

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
dawnb02
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

My dear Rocky is gone

Postby dawnb02 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 pm

I found him in the toilet at 1:00 am this morning. My son forgot to put the lid down. We always put the lid down, but not this 1 time. Cant stop crying. I miss him so much. I am so sorry Rocky. I love you.

197.JPG
197.JPG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 2929 times

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Re: My dear Rocky is gone

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm so sorry Dawn. He was so handsome. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart breaks for you.
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:32 pm

dawnb02 wrote:... Cant stop crying.

I know this is extremely hard. Your son must feel terrible. Actually this is the most common death for flyer pets. It doesn't seem it now, but time will help. It's OK to cry as much as you need to now.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

dawnb02

Postby dawnb02 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you Shannon & Joan.
Crying has gotten better...but depression has kicked in. I just miss him so much.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:51 am

It will get better ... just hang in there Sweetie!
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:40 am

Dawn, I don't know if you've seen this, it's from Judy C., but it's beautiful and I wanted to share with you:
"Some little ones come into this world under bad circumstances. Although, for whatever reason, they have no future in this world, it is not yet their time to leave it. So God places them with someone with an abundance of love, compassion, and gentleness - someone that can hold His creatures in their hands until it is time for them to pass into His. So always remember that you were chosen for this task for a reason - God knew that you were the one person that could fill this particular squirrel's needs in this world until it was time for him to go Home. You have done your job well. Mourn the briefness of his life, but rejoice in the time you had with God's wonderful creature, and the faith that God had in you when He entrusted it's short life to you."
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

dawnb02

Postby dawnb02 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:25 am

I wanted to post some pictures of my toilet ladder. Since losing Rocky, I installed these on ALL my toilets. EVERYONE that has a flyer needs to install these. It is simple and costs less than $15.00. Hopefully this will save our babies and our hearts.

All you need is a pair of wire cutters to snip the amount you need. It bends easily and just cut a rectangle then bend it around your toilet. Super easy to make!! This one has been on for 7 months. Easy to lift off and put back on. Can be cleaned with an old toothbrush.

Bought at Home Depot around $9.00

Plenty of leftover!!

With toilet lid up

With toilet lid down

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:46 am

Dawn, this is a terrific safety device and I will post it permenently for others to see: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8997

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”