My sweet Daisy Mae is gone...

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

My sweet Daisy Mae is gone...

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:30 pm

We had a friend over the other night, and even though we are super strict on keeping the toilet lid down, he accidentally left it up. I went to find Daisy, and there she was. The friend's going through a bad divorce, so I know he wasn't thinking, and I haven't got the heart to tell him what happened.

She hadn't been feeling good the last couple of days before (very lethargic, not running around jumping, barely eating, having a hard time catching her breath) and the only thing I could think of was the kitty litter I had recently put in their cages. So I took it out, and she seemed to be doing better, in fact that was the first time she had been away from me in a couple of days.

I am HEART BROKEN. I rescued her from some people that took very poor care of her, had her in a bad cage, bad nutrition, little interaction, and half her tail missing (recently been cut off). I didn't think she'd ever bond with me, but she did. Her coat had turned into a soft, beautiful coat, she was the sweetest girl to me and my husband, and her tail fur had finally grown back. I hope I made her last 4 months in this life the best she's ever had, I know I tried.

I feel like a failure. I failed her. I took her in to protect her and give her a better life, and I ALLOWED HER TO DIE. I can't stop the pain.

Now I can't be out of eyesight of Jack (unless he's in his cage), without freaking out. I check the toilet seats at least 50 times a day. He's missing her, constantly searching the house for her, chirping for her.

We buried her out in the back of the garage with her bone and her little stuffed squirrel (the one she fed her least favorite foods to).

Attached is the last picture I took of her, earlier that same day. All she wanted was to lay on my stomach and get petted.
Attachments
DSCN0215.JPG
My little girl
DSCN0215.JPG (706.91 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Joan
Site Admin

Re: My sweet Daisy Mae is gone...

Postby Joan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Shannon I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure she lived a longer and better life because you took her in. I know how hard this is for you and only time will help. If you would like sticker reminders for your toilets, send me a private e-mail.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Thank you. We went and got vinyl lettering and put them on all the toilets.

It doesn't bring her back though, and I'm still paranoid about it. One time, ONE TIME of not putting the seat down and she's gone. It makes me so mad at my friend, I don't even want to see him or talk to him anymore. But at the same time, I'm mad at myself. I should have been watching, I should have checked behind him. My recklessness caused her her life.

Joe
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Joe » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 pm

You can blame yourself or just know you gave her so much, . It's amazing how much love these little angels give. So many times every day I realize Angel Spice isn't in my pocket and go to call her. ;(
Just know she's with all the other flyers, wild ones, ones we loved, and those we haven't met yet.
Joe
Spice's HOF

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Thanks Joe.

pattis
Juvie Pup

Postby pattis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Sweet picture,... I'm so sorry that happened. I'm praying for you.
Rowdy's friend

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Thank you Patti

pattis
Juvie Pup

Postby pattis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14 am

Well Shannon, you're still on my heart this morning. Still praying for you. I really appreciate all the advice and support you've given me. I hope you feel comfort knowing she loved the love and care you showed her. She may have had a rough start, but you made her life better!
Rowdy's friend

dawnb02

Postby dawnb02 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:03 am

Oh my... Sooo sorry Shannon. I have not been on in 7 months, hope your ok.

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”