Nimh died

Let folks know about the loss of a precious furball who has joined others over the Rainbow Bridge.
AnnaG
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Nimh died

Postby AnnaG » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:39 am

I don't know what happened. She was fine this morning but tonight I got home and she was dead in her house. Yesterday she was completely normal. I want a necropsy report. How do I go about getting one?

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Re: Nimh died

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm so sorry Anna. I bet Joan will be able to tell you.
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Joe
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Joe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:08 pm

See "making the decision" above on the message thread
Joe
Spice's HOF

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Anna, double bag her in freezer bags and freeze her. I will send you instructions. I'm so sorry for your loss. They rarely show signs of illness ... probably a survival instinct in the wild. Often, as with your furball, they seem fine and then suddenly they are dead. She left her body behind, but she is with many of our babies over The Rainbow Bridge waiting for us to join them: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2125

Anna, I don't know how I missed your post, but write to me about what you did with her body.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

AnnaG
Baby Flyer

Postby AnnaG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:43 pm

I haven't done anything with it yet... Which sounds gross... I know. But it's so hard. I just don't know if I should get the report or not. Knowing that once they're done they'll probably just toss her in a trash can or burn her really bothers me but I really want to know what happened to her. I thought I did everything I was supposed to. If anything ever seemed wrong I always asked. She is the closest thing I have had that's died. I'm just so upset. I don't know what to do. I'm just torn. :/

AnnaG
Baby Flyer

Postby AnnaG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Also... You said you'd send me instructions. Where did you send them to?

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Anna, what time did you find her Friday and where have you been keeping her? I will need to call Dr. Cooley and see if it's too late to do a necropsy. Freeze her as instructed and I will let you know what Dr. Cooley says. If it's too late or you don't want a necropsy, you can bury her at home. Cut off some fur as a remembrance. Just remember, she is no longer in that body.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

AnnaG
Baby Flyer

Postby AnnaG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:11 pm

I think I'm just going to bury her but thank you. She's still in her house and I found her on Friday morning. When I wrote that message. Like 2:00 am. Just don't worry about it. I just wish I would have known to freeze her. :/

Return to “Flyer Death Announcements”