What is the best form of multivitamins for water?(food)

Tips, experience & advice related to the healthy and not-so-healthy flying squirrel
Andy02gandy1
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

What is the best form of multivitamins for water?(food)

Postby Andy02gandy1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:44 pm

I tried rep cal d3 once and my squirrles started shaking,couldn't move hardly etc. Currently im using calcimize which seems to be working ok but I want something with more vitamins so I was looking at LM (animal farms) and it seems kind of hard to find like it's in the works of discontuation I dunno lol(I'm going to see if petco,pets mart or pet supplies plus carries it in their stores) Also I was looking at vita Sal but there are so many(hamsters/gerbils,ferrits,gerbils etc)which one has the closets calcium/phosphurus ratio?(I dunno ;( )

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Re: What is the best form of multivitamins for water?(food)

Postby flyer_1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm

HUH shaking ah well they have vitaminatostebroisey.............. :D just kidding I don't know Vit D3repcal was the stuff that I was recommended to use on this board, BUT the breeder I adopted from Judy Call who Is amazing and she said for my flyer that all I would need was the Henry's Healthy Blocks :?
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

Joan
Site Admin

Re: What is the best form of multivitamins for water?(food)

Postby Joan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:19 am

Andy02gandy1 wrote:I tried rep cal d3 once and my squirrles started shaking,couldn't move hardly etc. Currently im using calcimize which seems to be working ok but I want something with more vitamins so I was looking at LM (animal farms) and it seems kind of hard to find like it's in the works of discontuation I dunno lol(I'm going to see if petco,pets mart or pet supplies plus carries it in their stores) Also I was looking at vita Sal but there are so many(hamsters/gerbils,ferrits,gerbils etc)which one has the closets calcium/phosphurus ratio?(I dunno ;( )

Calcium and phosphurus are minerals and the correct ratio is 2:1. Vitamin D3 is need to help absorb the calcium. L&M for gerbils is a good one. The trouble with supplements is overdose is as bad as underdose. Also, many commerial foods/blocks already have vitamins and minerals in them. So read the label carefully. I rarely use supplements because of the ones already in seed mixes. Wild bird foods usually are unsupplemented; so you can add you own when using them.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “FS Health”