MJ's nails...

Tips, experience & advice related to the healthy and not-so-healthy flying squirrel
Keg
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

MJ's nails...

Postby Keg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 am

... They seem to be shorter than usual. Lately I've noticed that I don't feel MJ's nails against my skin as much as usual when she climbs on me. On top of this, she's been having trouble gripping my clothing and other surfaces since the time I noticed this. I thought maybe it was my clothes, but apparently not. I don't have a trimming wheel for her, so I don't know what could possibly have caused this to happen. Any thoughts?

Judy C.

Re: MJ's nails...

Postby Judy C. » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 am

Hi Keg. What is her diet? Has she seemed less active lately? Has her 'attitude' changed? The diet is what I am most concerned about - what do you usually feed her in a day (or rather, night)? We just need some more info before we can make any educated guesses. :D

Judy C.

Keg
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: MJ's nails...

Postby Keg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:41 am

Umm well let's see here. I always leave a saucer with her dry food in it incase she's not really feeling the fresh food I give her. As for the fresh food, I tend to feed her whatever I have available most of the time. Apples, kiwis, carrots, broccoli, mushroom, green beans, occasionally some honey dew or cantalope and I usually try to leave her a dab of yogurt for some extra calcium. Oh and she really like pecans. But I only give those to her as a treat and I try to limit her to one pecan day. :P

And yes, from what I've noticed she hasn't been as active as usual. I assumed that was because it was winter though. Do you think she'll be alright? I'm worried now. ):

As for her attitude, that just kind of coincides with her level of activity as of late. She's been pretty mellow, very calm. Except for when she realizes she's slipping down my sweatshirt.

Return to “FS Health”