trade fliers?

sweetness8t5

trade fliers?

Postby sweetness8t5 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Last edited by sweetness8t5 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby Nativeprincess » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:24 am

well, It might be a good thing to have just boys.
I mean you dont have to deal w/ unexspected pups ^_^

also, If flyers are like other animals, Introducing a female will make the males fight over her.

if your worried about agressiveness, be aware females can be just as agressive as the males, and from what I hear are even more prone to "bitchy" moments.

Personaly, If I were to own 2 squirrels, I'd have to be 2 boys or 2 girls.

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:27 pm

If the boys are getting along well, they will get long fine as they grow up. No need to swap out for a girl if that is your concern. If you are wanting to breed, you may or may not have success with a male/female pair. Not every pair breed. But I do not advise adding a single girl to a cage with your boys. They will endlessly annoy and molest her. And the boys may fight too.
I have a cage with a boy/girl pair that never bred in 2 years, and now there is another girl with them who is younger. They all get along well.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

sweetness8t5

Postby sweetness8t5 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:30 pm

Last edited by sweetness8t5 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Give it time. I have an older baby and she bonded fine.
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

sweetness8t5

Postby sweetness8t5 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:38 pm

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Incidentally I have only had Isobella for about a month and a half 2 months. She was a very open one and responded almost immediately. I don't know about yours but it's really depends on thepersonality of your baby. Good Luck. You can feel free to PM me.
Owned by

Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:59 pm

It is true that they will bond stronger to each other than they will to you . Especially since they were not already well socialized to humans when you got them. You need to be trying for a stronger bond with the one that is a little bit more used to you handling him. Try carrying him around with you and hand feeding him. He may come to really enjoy being with you. But if they both end up only accepting your presence, not to mention your food, treats, and total devotion to their every whim :twisted: , at least they have each other, and will enjoy you in their own way.

This is kinda how it happened with my first 2, Munchkin and Molly. Except that we did all have a sweet, well bonded relationship when they were babies. Now, they each are glad to see me and will spend a few minutes at a time with me, but they really are much more intrested in playing with each other and m'Deah who also lives with them.

I adopted Tom Tom as a single rehab baby that Tom Hauk saved, and raised him alone. He lived in seperate quarters from the older 2 and went every where with me. He was a year old before I adopted 2 more of Toms rescue babies, and he is still my closest bonded flyer.

The key is to raise them one at a time :wink: So you can add a baby when you are ready, but keep her to yourself, and don't house her with those rowdy boys. Let her out with them to play as often as they like, and you may be surprised with a litter eventually.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Return to “Breeding Flying Squirrels”