Genetics

Helen
Teen HOF
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Genetics

Postby Helen » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm wondering, Which genetic feature comes from which parent? I was looking at Boss the other day and his tail and whiskers are much shorter then Isobella's so I'm wondering which one is the recessive trait and which one is the dominant trait? Then there are like eyes and it's cool to see the differences and be able to tell the difference but Isobella looks so much like Gucci it's odd...
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 pm

Is Isobella the parent of gucci and boss?
I actualy just took a genetics class and I think its actualy impossible to tell whats recessive etc. w/o a fiarly detailed family history.
if you know both the parents traits and thier parents parents traits a very vague guess can be made but realy its starts getting realy complicated realy quick.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm

No I don't think so. I am sure the Gucci and Boss are not related. BUT everytime I see Gucci and Isobella the similarities are so...great...I suppose...Seeing how all three came from Helen's Little Critters, I was just wondering at that little detail...Besides it would have been cool to know about the genetics anyways because I was looking in the photo section and some of the pups who were supposed to be brothers look sooo different!
Owned by

Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Return to “Breeding Flying Squirrels”