Anyone interestesd breeding in Tampa/clearwater Fl

Nova
Baby Flyer
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Anyone interestesd breeding in Tampa/clearwater Fl

Postby Nova » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:04 am

:love1: Are you considering having a litter, but do not want to become a "breeder". I have a wonderful male , great personality, and with great genetics. I am interested in studding for a pick of litter. I have been looking for another for a flyer without any luck. But more than anything I would love to have his kitten. If you have a female and interested in a litter please e-mail me. Interview will be required. Fall is coming soon... Nova

WantsAFlyer
Flying Furball

Re: Anyone interestesd breeding in Tampa/clearwater Fl

Postby WantsAFlyer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 pm

I do not want to breed, but I am just curious as to how you know that this little boy has great genetics? :)

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Anyone interestesd breeding in Tampa/clearwater Fl

Postby Joan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:40 pm

[quote="Nova"] ... I have a wonderful male , great personality, and with great genetics. I am interested in studding for a pick of litter.

Gosh, wish it was that easy. With a non-proven male, there is no guarantee of babies. Even with a proven male and proven female, there is no guarantee. You might have to lend out you male for a year or so to get babies ... if then.

I have been looking for another for a flyer without any luck.

That's your best bet to get a litter. Get a female mate for him. Still no guarantee.

But more than anything I would love to have his kitten.

I would too. :multi: Most flyer litters consist of "pups". :wink:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Nova
Baby Flyer

Postby Nova » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:55 pm

I do realize they may not breed. There is no proof of his genetics, besides "I "think he is prefect with great personality. And he is my handsome boy. I was just noting that for a flyer he has a great quality nothing more. I just want his "pup".
I just want to ask why do people have something against calling them kitten. In my research I found the babies are considered kittens.

Here is a clipping of a website I have copied and pasted.
http://www.arcytech.org/java/populat...rels.html:nono

(Reproduction -- Squirrels start mating when they are a year old. It takes about six weeks from the time the squirrels mate until the baby squirrels, called kittens, are born. Twice a year, in the spring and at the end of the summer, the female squirrel has two to five kittens.)

I have been raising orphaned babies for 8 years and been a vet tech for over 10 and this is how I have always referred to them as..

I had someone from another site down me about calling them a kitten. :(
Pups are a great name for them too. I guess Babies are what I will call them. :D
Anyway I know my post was weird. And I have been trying to find a female. But I just really wanted to have one of his babies without having to get a female. And it would give the opportunity to someone else too.
It might be crazy but I thought I would try it anyway. Besides Rocky may enjoy being a stud muffin :D :D :D

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:56 pm

[quote="Nova"]... "I "think he is prefect with great personality. And he is my handsome boy. I was just noting that for a flyer he has a great quality nothing more."
That can't be! My Chuck has the best genes. :twisted:

I just want to ask why do people have something against calling them kitten. In my research I found the babies are considered kittens.
I've never heard them referred to as kittens.

Here is a clipping of a website I have copied and pasted.
http://www.arcytech.org/java/populat...rels.html:nono
I couldn't get your site to come up. :(

(Reproduction -- Squirrels start mating when they are a year old.
Youngest flyer to produce a litter that we know of is 4 months. We have a couple of folks who've had them at 6 months, but I'd say a year or two is average.

Twice a year, in the spring and at the end of the summer, the female squirrel has two to five kittens.
Don't tell Mishi ... she had 5 litters last year. :roll:

I have been raising orphaned babies for 8 years and been a vet tech for over 10 and this is how I have always referred to them
I see where that is a common term for red and gray squirrels:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=I ... gle+Search

I don't find much on flyer kittens: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=I ... gle+Search

I had someone from another site down me about calling them a kitten. :(
Then stay away from them! There's enough meaness in the world without being put down on forums.

Pups are a great name for them too. I guess Babies are what I will call them. :D
Well, by golly, I guess you can call them anything you like .... as long as it's not late to dinner. :twisted:

Anyway I know my post was weird. And I have been trying to find a female. But I just really wanted to have one of his babies without having to get a female. And it would give the opportunity to someone else too.
Working out the logistics of who stays with whom and for how long might be a problematic. Most HOFs I know wouldn't part with their furball long enough.

It might be crazy but I thought I would try it anyway. Besides Rocky may enjoy being a stud muffin :D :D :D
Chuck sure does. :wink:
Last edited by Joan on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Nova
Baby Flyer

Postby Nova » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:14 pm

Thank you Joan!! I thought the term kittens referred to all squirrels. So flyers are considered pups. Rocky & his sister are the only flyer I have rescued , but I have taken in more than I can count of the greys. And we are definitely going to half to have a contest on our boys. :twisted: Chuch may come close, but Rocky is unbeatable. He needs to go on a diet though . He won't win a bikini contest. :oops:

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:28 pm

[quote="Nova"]... Chuck may come close, but Rocky is unbeatable.
HA! Chuck has fathered 28 "babies". :wink:

He needs to go on a diet though . He won't win a bikini contest. :oops:
Chuck is slim and trim and always looking for the girls :twisted: :
http://www.nfsa.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=44201#44201

Eat your heary out Rocky. :nyahnyah:
Last edited by Joan on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hauk
NFSA Member

Chuck vs Rocky

Postby hauk » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:45 pm

Joan we have to get back to fishing, You have way too much time on your hands LOL. Tom

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:48 pm

That's a fact! :oops:

Nova
Baby Flyer

Postby Nova » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:24 pm

[quote="Nova"]... Chuck may come close, but Rocky is unbeatable.

[quote="Joan"] HA! Chuck has fathered 28 "babies". :wink:

Chuck you stud!!!! Rocky has not had that chance. But he would ROCK THE SQUIRREL WORLD...

Nova
Baby Flyer

Postby Nova » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:31 am

We have a full house now. I have gotten 2 new flyers. One big happy family.
Last edited by Nova on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm

Be careful what you wish for ... now, flyers will be running that household. LOL :twisted:

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:20 am

I thought all flyers were like mine, and run the household with no choice from the HOF :roll:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Return to “Breeding Flying Squirrels”