houdini doesn't like his gilfriend.

Jam Alex Jam
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

houdini doesn't like his gilfriend.

Postby Jam Alex Jam » Thu May 28, 2009 1:19 pm

i let them have a little play time together last night to see how they'd get along. He'd go inside his nest box and get mad if she tried to join him. I figured he was being territorial so i took him out of his nest box and took it out so he wouldnt' feel like she was coming into his home, but then all he did was chase her and she'd run and they'd both sqeak. She's really curious and wants to sniff him, but when she gets close he chases her away. any ideas on what to do with ella and houdini?

Joan
Site Admin

Re: houdini doesn't like his gilfriend.

Postby Joan » Thu May 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Don't worry about it. Chuck was terrified of Mishi the first time he saw her. They don't nest together and she constantly runs from him. They've had 36 pups! :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lynn
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby lynn » Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 am

When I introduced my new guys, I let them see each other through the cage for several days first, then let them play together for a week or two. I put the nest box of the more dominant one in with the less dominant one, and . . . magic! They love each other now, but can't live together or I'd have zillions of babies. I'd love it, but I don't know if there are enough HOFs in the universe . . . . :scratch:
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Jam Alex Jam
Baby Flyer

Postby Jam Alex Jam » Fri May 29, 2009 9:39 pm

i let them see each other, and through the cage they're mostly fine. I think my little girl is too friendly. She wants to be his friend and he's not so interested in the idea.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri May 29, 2009 11:25 pm

Sounds like Chuck. He acted like he might catch Girl Cooties. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Breeding Flying Squirrels”